Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

False, you don't have a year like he did in 2019, interceptions or not and be garbage 

over-inflated offense stats when you look at. So the yards dont impress me. Also add in his 12 fumbles. Dude us a turnover machine

• Like 1

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

yeah and Winston still is garbage...

Never has a statement in the history of FF demonstrated a complete lack of football knowledge, that includes the sticky shorts crush posts about Kizer for a few years ago.

that said, I digress, it’s a great idea that won’t happen.  Pretty sure there is a great chance that this comment will haunt the Browns for a very long time of the rumor that I hear is true, and it makes a ton of sense.  Winston to the Steelers.

won’t it be lovely watching them fix him and having him destroying the league for them for 12 years after Ben hangs up the cleats?

46 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Never has a statement in the history of FF demonstrated a complete lack of football knowledge, that includes the sticky shorts crush posts about Kizer for a few years ago.

that said, I digress, it’s a great idea that won’t happen.  Pretty sure there is a great chance that this comment will haunt the Browns for a very long time of the rumor that I hear is true, and it makes a ton of sense.  Winston to the Steelers.

won’t it be lovely watching them fix him and having him destroying the league for them for 12 years after Ben hangs up the cleats?

My sig is gone but it stayed when rebuilding a team the ol is not where you start.  Just ask Tim Couch about that.

Edited by Wolfhunt

34 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Paul Brown started with and built from the C out.

The trenches are vital.  That said, we are not in rebuilding mode.  Our oline has already improved greatly on paper with more to come.  

the Dline is decent on paper with likely more to come.

We are in make a jump mode, not rebuild mode. That means exploring all options conventional and unconventional to make the overall riser better.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The game has changed a bit since then, much more pass-centric.

Tackles, then C, then G iyam

Well I am not but disagree.

Best bookend Ts will not compensate for less than fully competent play from the interior OL.

On the other hand, a solid interior OL corp will compensate for less than fully competent T play.

See Browns 2018 (Bitonio, Tretter and Zeitler on the inside and blocking dummies at T).

We need a backup quarterback that is going to be a mentor, and do things the right way. We don’t need some goofball who is going to possibly bring out our starters worst traits. And no, I am not saying that Baker Mayfield is on a Jameis Winston level by any means. Just saying that we need a guy who is going to set a good example and do things the right way.