Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

You are conparing mack to avery, there is not a comparison's to be had. One is a top 3 pass rusher in the nfl, the other a 5th round. 

im not comparing their level or ability to play the game. Your excuse for Avery's lack of production was " ITs A nEw SysTEm". I stated Mack, was able to learn the Bears defensive in, what, 8 days and it didnt slow him down. Avery didnt need to make a huge impact right away, he could have slowly improved over time but he did nothing for the eagles in his 8 games.

17 minutes ago, buno67 said:

im not comparing their level or ability to play the game. Your excuse for Avery's lack of production was " ITs A nEw SysTEm". I stated Mack, was able to learn the Bears defensive in, what, 8 days and it didnt slow him down. Avery didnt need to make a huge impact right away, he could have slowly improved over time but he did nothing for the eagles in his 8 games.

I didnt say it was a new system, just how the eagles are orientating him to their roster 

It is magical thinking to say he is bad when clearly he was good for a 1dt year player.

It could be a personality issue  but it isnt a talrnt issue.

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

.5 sacks 5tackles in 8 games...IMPACT PLAYER!!!

Stat scouting?

You said he didn't play and didn't make an impact. I contradicted that with a simple statement of fact.

The fact that you are trying to compare him to what is likely a first ballot HOFer shows how truly disingenuous your argument is.

He was the 6th pass rushing option on a stacked Eagles front 7. Of course he would struggle to find the field, given the circumstances. Had he been on the Browns, he would have had many more snaps, and had a greater impact on a depleted front 7. Certainly more impact than a 2021 4th round pick.

Your argument lacks context, clarity and cohesion. 

It was a dumb trade.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Stat scouting?

You said he didn't play and didn't make an impact. I contradicted that with a simple statement of fact.

The fact that you are trying to compare him to what is likely a first ballot HOFer shows how truly disingenuous your argument is.

He was the 6th pass rushing option on a stacked Eagles front 7. Of course he would struggle to find the field, given the circumstances. Had he been on the Browns, he would have had many more snaps, and had a greater impact on a depleted front 7. Certainly more impact than a 2021 4th round pick.

Your argument lacks context, clarity and cohesion. 

It was a dumb trade.

It was a dumb trade? He wasn’t being used. He wasn’t even dressing for games. He turned a player who wasn’t even playing, who was healthy, into a pick. Was I comparing Mack and Avery stats? Nope. Just comparing the idea that Avery couldn’t learn the Eagles scheme. You mention he got a .5 sack, oh wow ...pure game changer...

Don’t blame Dorsey for Avery not playing. Now that is a dumb take. 

Edited by buno67

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Obviously I’m not in the nfl. However, I doubt the virus impacts how free agency and the draft is handled.

*Maybe* less private workouts.

I think you could see the draft potentially being canceled, at least the fan attendance portion.

It will all still take place, but they may not have thousands of people gather for it.

The draft is still a ways away though, a lot can happen between now and then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think you could see the draft potentially being canceled, at least the fan attendance portion.

It will all still take place, but they may not have thousands of people gather for it.

The draft is still a ways away though, a lot can happen between now and then.

I expect fan attendance to be canceled (I think it has?).

However just do the actual draft on a monitor with some phones. It’d be like the 80’s.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

I expect fan attendance to be canceled (I think it has?).

However just do the actual draft on a monitor with some phones. It’d be like the 80’s.

Yeah it’s not that big of a barrier.  Everyone has a camera on their phone p, they can interview draftees that way.