Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

You can’t take Odell away from Jarvis plus be a dumpster fire of a franchise and expect him to be ok. If we were the patriots or ravens or some team who’s consistently good and has a chance to win every year then players like him wouldn’t be prone to wanting to leave. 

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

You are completely insane or delusionally hopeful if you don’t think OBJ being traded will upset Jarvis.

Man y’all tripping he may be bummed out but I no way think he would be a negative influence on the team 

Jarvis knows it’s a business First and foremost and that would be the first thing he would say if we trade Odell. 

If Odell went to play with Tom Brady I don’t see anyway Jarvis would throw a fit about that 

Y’all assuming

Edited by brownie man

16 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Man y’all tripping he may be bummed out but I no way think he would be a negative influence on the team 

Jarvis knows it’s a business First and foremost and that would be the first thing he would say if we trade Odell. 

If Odell went to play with Tom Brady I don’t see anyway Jarvis would throw a fit about that 

Y’all assuming

To believe that what you and your dissenters are saying happens to be correct on both sides. Jarvis is a consummate professional and will handle whatever our front office does with grace;

however, the idea that that would not upset him greatly seems pretty absurd on its face. They are literally childhood best friends who followed one another to the same college and played the same position together and dominated that position together in college before both playing that same position at a very high level in the pros.

They are both very emotional human beings and definitely not all in it for just the money. If a coach manages them together in the right way, we could have two 1300+ yard receivers and a true star duo. They have different games and compliment one another if done right.

I would not trade either, and if I got a deal too good to pass up, I would try to trade both. Honestly, if we traded both to NE, they would both dominate immediately. I want that to happen here.

tl;dr no one is offering is enough for OBJ this year for this conversation to be any more than a circle-jerk

• Like 1

Really happy the NFL didn’t make a knee jerk decision that schefter and Florio wanted. Just do negotiating on the phone. Physicals shouldn’t be impossible, just either fly a player to you or have a doctor drive to them.

I’m just going to assume the draft process is flushed down the toilet in terms of meeting guys and workouts. Need to trust your scouts. They’ve had an entire season + combine to figure this stuff out.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Really happy the NFL didn’t make a knee jerk decision that schefter and Florio wanted. Just do negotiating on the phone. Physicals shouldn’t be impossible, just either fly a player to you or have a doctor drive to them.

I’m just going to assume the draft process is flushed down the toilet in terms of meeting guys and workouts. Need to trust your scouts. They’ve had an entire season + combine to figure this stuff out.

yeah but what if they are split on a guy? being able to meet them face to face and see them workout and move, up close, could help make the decision and create separation. Shouldnt need that for your 1st rd pick but it is huge for the guys you want to potentially draft later on

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

yeah but what if they are split on a guy? being able to meet them face to face and see them workout and move, up close, could help make the decision and create separation. Shouldnt need that for your 1st rd pick but it is huge for the guys you want to potentially draft later on

i wonder if data will help anyone in this situation?

• Like 3