Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, talent wise you wouldn’t be wrong in doing so, but they’re not going to spend 3 of their first 4 picks on OL imo nor are they going to carry 3 rookies on the active roster along the OL.

I think a T in R1-2 is a lock and I think an interior guy later is highly probable, but there are too many other holes and needs to go all in on the OL like that imo.

Sign Clowney & Bradham. 

OT @ 10 (ANY)

FS in R2 (Winfield/Depit)

OG/OT in R3 (Adeniji)

OG/C in R3 (Biadasz)

MLB in R4 (Quarterman/Bachie)

DB in R6 (Bassey/Bandy/Gilman)

LB/DT/WR in R7 (Gandy-Golden/Moa/Pinckney)

We would only be missing a slot WR, by my calculations. And Stefanski doesn’t NEED a #3. 

I just would be hard-pressed to pass on Biadasz, who is in my top 10 players in the draft, in R3. That’s kind of why I have us picking him there. 

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

Sign Clowney & Bradham. 

OT @ 10 (ANY)

FS in R2 (Winfield/Depit)

OG/OT in R3 (Adeniji)

OG/C in R3 (Biadasz)

MLB in R4 (Quarterman/Bachie)

DB in R6 (Bassey/Bandy/Gilman)

LB/DT/WR in R7 (Gandy-Golden/Moa/Pinckney)

We would only be missing a slot WR, by my calculations. And Stefanski doesn’t NEED a #3. 

I just would be hard-pressed to pass on Biadasz, who is in my top 10 players in the draft, in R3. That’s kind of why I have us picking him there. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying they shouldn’t.

If you can find a guy in R3 you view as a surefire starter in a year or two, regardless of position, you should take them. 

BPA above all.

I just would be surprised to see 3 picks along the OL with what we have as far as young talent at S, LB, TE, WR, etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, scheming protections is a thing. Having a rb available to help is a thing.

Which is why I said mediocre.  If they’re worse than literally every other starter and a dozen backups, yes, bring someone in.  I don’t think someone between Teller, Forbes and Hubbard will be that bad.

This is literally what Teller and Forbes were each of the past two drafts.

True but we said that last year too and it crashed and burned. Iknow coaching this year is different than last but Im past the point with the Browns of assuming anybody is capable of the basics

36 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

True but we said that last year too and it crashed and burned. Iknow coaching this year is different than last but Im past the point with the Browns of assuming anybody is capable of the basics

I think last year we were rolling the dice on 3 of the 5 positions.  

Hubbard was never great, GRob had played well the year before but was still pretty unproven and RG was a complete unknown.

I think Teller looked capable, Hubbard can’t be worse at guard and Forbes was promising.  We still have one less unknown (which has been replaced by a very capable starter) and likely a high round rookie who (we hope) should be competent at a minimum.

Also, last year the line was done no favors (nor was anyone else) with the scheme.  I can’t help but think the scheme will be much improved from the sht show we saw last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:
3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, scheming protections is a thing. Having a rb available to help is a thing.

Which is why I said mediocre.  If they’re worse than literally every other starter and a dozen backups, yes, bring someone in.  I don’t think someone between Teller, Forbes and Hubbard will be that bad.

This is literally what Teller and Forbes were each of the past two drafts.

We said that last year because in '18, Freddie took over as OC and schemed solid protection schemes to hide Hubbard and Robinson. We all expected what Kitchen did in '18 would carry over into '19. Last year Freddie/Monken/Campen did nothing scheme wise to help the OL. Like in '18 we knew quick game out of 12 personal was deadly but the Browns rarely did that. They rarely went 12 grouping and rare played with a quick game or a quick tempo. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If you trade OBJ, might as well trade Jarvis too and commit 100% to being run first.

You won’t win in this league without a WR to take the top off of a defense.

It isnt Happening.

Unless Minnesota ponies up a 1st and 3rd and a 2nd next year 😎

• Like 1