Jump to content
jetskid007

2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Unless we are bringing in a big name and need more space I don't get why people want to cut AW so fast.  None of these guys behind him and CJ are better so why get worse at a position of strength for no reason. 

I agree with you 100% on AW the guy is so much better than all those other Lb"s except for Mosley. If we get Clowney, that is a different story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

I agree with you 100% on AW the guy is so much better than all those other Lb"s except for Mosley. If we get Clowney, that is a different story.

Right, AW has been a quality starter when healthy.  The only reason I would get rid of him would be in a trade for a day 2 draft pick or for a an equal quality starter at edge,CB, OL or WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think we add another Wide Receiver today. 

I don't see any WR that I like out there. The only one that would make a difference would be AB and I don't see that happening. I for one would love for the Jets to trade for OBJ. I think a 4th or 5th round pick would do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't see any WR that I like out there. The only one that would make a difference would be AB and I don't see that happening. I for one would love for the Jets to trade for OBJ. I think a 4th or 5th round pick would do it. 

DeMarcus Robinson or Rashard Higgins could be nice depth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

DeMarcus Robinson or Rashard Higgins could be nice depth

Like I said I don't see anything that I like out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like we are back in the Trent Williams thing again. Rotoworld has reported that noteamis giving up a second round pick and the Jets only team that has any interest in him. They think with the draft getting closer the Redskins will have to drop the price to a player ad pick or two mid round picks. I would not mind moving a 4th and 6th for humor a 4th and a small level player. Also if Okudah falls to 11 should the Jets take him. I think they should because you can get an OT and WR with the 2nd and two 3rd picks we have

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Looks like we are back in the Trent Williams thing again. Rotoworld has reported that noteamis giving up a second round pick and the Jets only team that has any interest in him. They think with the draft getting closer the Redskins will have to drop the price to a player ad pick or two mid round picks. I would not mind moving a 4th and 6th for humor a 4th and a small level player. Also if Okudah falls to 11 should the Jets take him. I think they should because you can get an OT and WR with the 2nd and two 3rd picks we have

¬¬

We're "in" on Trent Williams, as in we called and hung up.  See:  Clowney, Jadvaeon

Agree with you on Okudah.  He's 1/3 true blue chippers to me, plays a premium position, and a position of need for us.

Also, if he's available for us at 11, then Wills, Wirfs, and Thomas are probably off the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depressing seeing what other teams are providing their young QBs. 

Murray has no excuses,  he has amazing wrs. 

Allen has great pieces around him.

Meanwhile Darnold has nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYJets4716 said:

Depressing seeing what other teams are providing their young QBs. 

Murray has no excuses,  he has amazing wrs. 

Allen has great pieces around him.

Meanwhile Darnold has nothing

I agree to a point, but I always thought the best things to give a developing QB was an OL and a defense with weapons as a distant third.

I'm not completely dismissing the need for talent at skill positions around Darnold, but he will NEVER be what we want him to be if he's on his back, or worse, the IR, and need to score 40 a game.

The weapons will come, but the roster needed to be completely overhauled.

Anyone who thought we were 1 offseason away from competing only see through Jet colored glasses.

Again, literally had 4 long term building block pieces going into the offseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think we add another Wide Receiver today. 

Right now we have enough WR's to start a baseball team, Bellany, Berrios, Chesson,  Crowder, Doctson, Enunwa, Hatcher, Malone, Smith, Perriman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, xenajets said:

If we traded for Obj I’d die of happiness. 

My favorite player in the league even before he was in it

Me too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

My favorite player in the league even before he was in it

Me too

Same bro. I’d happily pay for the plane ticket (from my own pocket) from CLE-NY to get him signed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kiper has changed his mock selection for the Jets. Monday he had us drafting an OT. After the Robby/Perriman situation, he has us drafting Jeudy. Says it could also be Lamb.

Has us passing on Andrew Thomas because he thinks 11 is a “little too high” for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×