So....curious.....anyone here have friends or family with Corona

HDsportsfan

28 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

And **** just got real for me. Wife and I just got put on Quarantine for Covid-19. Wife has possible symptoms. She is a postal employee As a rural mail carrier and has been working through all the shut downs here just like me. She has to get tested and is setting up all that now. Our Dr said that once she is tested, it will be 5-8 days till the results come back

Take care of yourselves.  I'm hoping the tests come back negative.

3 hours ago, textaz03 said:

And **** just got real for me. Wife and I just got put on Quarantine for Covid-19. Wife has possible symptoms. She is a postal employee As a rural mail carrier and has been working through all the shut downs here just like me. She has to get tested and is setting up all that now. Our Dr said that once she is tested, it will be 5-8 days till the results come back

5 freakin' days. That absurd for this country. I certainly hope all turns out well.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Good luck texted. One day at a time, bed rest, pump the fluids.

My stepdaughter is a nurse. She now has Covid patients in her care. She has to decontaminate every day she comes home from work.

I'm more worried for her than for us. We bleach the crap out of everything each day.

Fingers crossed and in our prayers, all of you. Be strong, be safe, be well and God bless you all.

• Like 1

A breeder friend in California just lost her husband on Monday to it. A friend in Canada has two friends diagnosed with it, one who probably isn't going to make it and another who is pretty bad but they're optimistic regarding his outcome. 

10 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Hope this all turns out for the best. In the meantime, I'll be praying for your family.

7 hours ago, D82 said:

A breeder friend in California just lost her husband on Monday to it. A friend in Canada has two friends diagnosed with it, one who probably isn't going to make it and another who is pretty bad but they're optimistic regarding his outcome. 

Holy crap. Doesnt it have like a 97% survival rate? Last I read its less deadly than the common flu. 

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Holy crap. Doesnt it have like a 97% survival rate? Last I read its less deadly than the common flu. 

It's way more contagious, with a long incubation period.

Mortality rate for flu is 0.1-0.2%

Mortality rate for Covid is 4.5% globally and 1.5% in the US

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/covid-19-compared-flu-experts-wrong/story?id=69779116

"Fortunately for most patients, COVID-19 infections have proven mild, but current statistics still support recent statements by Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and White House Coronavirus Task Force expert, that COVID-19 is over 10 times as lethal as the flu."

• Like 1

23 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Stay safe and healthy, all the best to you and your wife. 

20 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

5 freakin' days. That absurd for this country. I certainly hope all turns out well.

One of my wife's patients was a suspected case of COVID (after sitting on a hospital floor for a few days) and ultimately this individual exposed 15+ hospital staff. Once her systems worsened and got to COVID status they sent the test as a RUSH because the entire infectious disease team was exposed...it took 4 days to turn around. It is absolutely unreal how slow the testing results are.  Apparently that has something to do with the type of test they run. Language way over my head, the wife tried to explain it, but essentially there is a test to just determine if you have it or not then there are tests to determine not only if you have it, but how much of it, what stage you may be, how infectious you may be, etc.  So seems like a lot of the testing has been the later. 

23 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Wishing the best for you and your family