NFL players voted to approve the proposed CBA

August4th

15 minutes ago, sherm said:

How many of those 1019 that voted yes will still be in the league when the real new money kicks in? Maybe not even half. Truly sad.

Those who aren’t will be replaced by guys who are in similar positions. It was a good deal for those guys and it’s why it passed.

Also there is no op-out clause like the owners had for the prev deal. 10 yrs is a long time to not restructure a deal especially when gambling and streaming services like Prime and Disney+ will be getting involved in the next rounds of TV bidding. Couldn't even get the 50/50 split at any point of this deal. Tops out at just under 49% I believe.

31 minutes ago, sherm said:

How many of those 1019 that voted yes will still be in the league when the real new money kicks in? Maybe not even half. Truly sad.

Maybe the top guys in the past should have been looking out for the bottom guys more, and there wouldn't have been the loophole for the owners to exploit.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Mediocre deal overall. Good that the fringe guys got a few carrots thrown their way I guess. Not even a 50-50 split for 17 games + extra playoff game...joke.

This guy gets it. Also read that 17th gm "bonus" is only good IF said player is on the roster at the time of the gm. Good thing teams don't cut guys just to avoid a roster bonus. 

3 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Maybe the top guys in the past should have been looking out for the bottom guys more, and there wouldn't have been the loophole for the owners to exploit.

I agree it's a union problem that the owners can no doubt exploit.