49ers trade Buckner to Colts

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Or they could have gotten a player who doesn't hold a candle to Buckner, which is far more likely.

Yep. There's really no downside for the colts as it's really hypothetical with regards to whom they would have picked. They are getting an all pro caliber interior rusher for the 13th pick and money that they have. 

For the niners it's more of a variable trade. Could be great, could be terrible

• Like 1

What defensive back could be on the board for the Niners at #13? 

Best case scenario, Soloman Thomas plays really well filling in for Buckner.  They get a defensive back at #13 to help improve their secondary.  They use their later first rounder to take a WR in a super deep receiver class or they trade it for an established receiver like Diggs or someone else.

That'd be pretty sick for the Niners.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Would be interesting to see what they do if Kinlaw and either Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs are still on the board at #13.

Guess it depends on how they view Lamb and Jeudy.  From everything I've seen, Lamb seems like an elite prospect as does Jeudy.  Maybe they got that route to have someone opposite of Samuel and to go along with Kittle as a pass catcher. 

Even with Buckner gone, they still have insane talent on their defensive line.  Their team is loaded.  Only thing really keeping them from winning a SB next year is their QB. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

What defensive back could be on the board for the Niners at #13? 

Best case scenario, Soloman Thomas plays really well filling in for Buckner.  They get a defensive back at #13 to help improve their secondary.  They use their later first rounder to take a WR in a super deep receiver class or they trade it for an established receiver like Diggs or someone else.

That'd be pretty sick for the Niners.

Meh, our DBs are all young and full of potential though, sans Sherman. We'll likely bring Ward back now so DB isn't really a glaring need. If we did all of this to draft a CB/FS@13 I'm going to be irate. I think we'll at a vet CB in free agency to compete with the youngins and that'll be it.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Glad to see my misery helps you out. 

Be gone, demon.

I didn't mean it like that, brother 

I meant, my team just traded away a 25 year old all pro and I don't know what to do with myself 

I just keep telling myself that #13 is good. But damn I love myself some DEEEEFFFOOOOO 

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Personally I think these three prospects interest Kyle at 3:

1) Henry Ruggs III - he wants his own Tyreek Hill after the Super Bowl

2) Jordan Love

3) Justin Herbert

Seems to be pulling this out of left field...especially #1.

29 minutes ago, showtime said:

Will be interesting to see how well Armstead plays without Buckner demanding double teams inside.

You mean with bosa commanding double teams instead? 

I think this hurts bosa more than AA 

• Like 1