49ers trade Buckner to Colts

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Still got an borderline elite talent at age 25. I like it for both sides but do agree the 49ers came out a bit better.

He turns 26 tomorrow lol. Not to nitpick though. Niners didn't have the space and got the pick. Colts had the space and got a great young player. This is a fair trade for both teams. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Could have gotten a stud at pick 13 and he would be making like 16M less per year for the next 5 years.

Or they could have gotten a player who doesn't hold a candle to Buckner, which is far more likely.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

Maybe we trade 31 to the Browns or Vikings for OBJ / Diggs? 

I sincerely hope not. 

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If we don't trade #31 for Diggs or OBJ? Certainly possible. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see us trade that number 13 pick for more picks? 

Or in light of the crazy start to free agency, will the 9ers trade 13 and 31 to try to get Chase Young (sorry couldn't resist). 

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I think it's a good trade for both teams tbh.  I would actually rather have Buckner over Armstead and the 13th pick, if I'm being honest (even though he'll cost $4mm APY more).

I agree.  Buckner is awesome.  In the Niners defense, if there was one team in the league who could afford to lose a tremendous talent like Buckner, it is probably the 49ers.  They can plug Soloman Thomas in Buckner's spot to see if that works.  They just have so much talent on their defensive line.

Will be interesting to see how well Armstead plays without Buckner demanding double teams inside.

• Like 3

Just now, showtime said:

I agree.  Buckner is awesome.  In the Niners defense, if there was one team in the league who could afford to lose a tremendous talent like Buckner, it is probably the 49ers.  They can plug Soloman Thomas in Buckner's spot to see if that works.  They just have so much talent on their defensive line.

Will be interesting to see how well Armstead plays without Buckner demanding double teams inside.

Solomon Thomas bro? That dude hasn't be relevant since he got drafted.

9 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Crazy if SF takes him now. 

This my take. Taking a WR@13 in a very loaded WR class just seems very predictable. They're either going to parlay that pick into more assets or stay pat and draft a guy to replace a piece they just lost.