49ers trade Buckner to Colts

RaidersAreOne

55 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Bruh, DO NOT LEAVE NFL GM'S at home with nothing to do during a pandemic. wtf is going on

Saving 12m in cap from a player they might have losed soon due to 21m a year salary. Getting the13th pick along with having the 31st pick. Loaded up on a high draft pick, saving money and giving themselvs a longer window of winning a Super Bowl by controling their cap. Its a win win for both teams. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Personally I think these three prospects interest Kyle at 3:

1) Henry Ruggs III - he wants his own Tyreek Hill after the Super Bowl

2) Jordan Love

3) Justin Herbert

This is not accurate at all, IMO. It didn't take the Super Bowl for him to see what Hill is, that's just a reactionary statement. And there's no way the Niners are taking at QB at 13. Not happening. 

If the Niners stay at 13 and Jeudy is on the board, he's the pick. He's exactly what Shanahan loves in receivers. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

This is not accurate at all, IMO. It didn't take the Super Bowl for him to see what Hill is, that's just a reactionary statement. And there's no way the Niners are taking at QB at 13. Not happening. 

If the Niners stay at 13 and Jeudy is on the board, he's the pick. He's exactly what Shanahan loves in receivers. 

I would assume the Raiders primary draft target is Jeudy at 12.

14 minutes ago, N4L said:

I didn't mean it like that, brother 

I meant, my team just traded away a 25 year old all pro and I don't know what to do with myself 

I just keep telling myself that #13 is good. But damn I love myself some DEEEEFFFOOOOO 

I get that. I get that, all right. #10 will always be in my heart, I'll have to root for him in the desert. I understand when you cheer for the Colts.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I get that. I get that, all right. #10 will always be in my heart, I'll have to root for him in the desert. I understand when you cheer for the Colts.

Hey at least both of your teams get a 1st round pick back for your franchise talents leaving. Oh hold on...

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dude is good, DAMN good. Now if he can get back to the level he was at in 2017? Uh oh............

Yeah, he's easily coming off the worst season since maybe his rookie deal. But honestly, that was bound to happen when you add the talent we did and there's more people feasting around him. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, he's easily coming off the worst season since maybe his rookie deal. But honestly, that was bound to happen when you add the talent we did and there's more people feasting around him. 

Just playing the other side here. So he feasted when no other talent was around. When we got some talent around him he looked not as special...huh. 

7 minutes ago, sherm said:

Just playing the other side here. So he feasted when no other talent was around. When we got some talent around him he looked not as special...huh. 

I didn't say he didn't look as special. Not sure where you are getting that from. I said he had the worst season of his career since his rookie year. Let's not put words in my mouth. 

if you watched games last year and didn't think he was far more invisible for stretches of time than he was in previous years, I don't know what to tell you. this was brought up quite a bit in various game day threads. Last year was his worst season since his rookie year. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Very difficult. AA was better last year (despite the all pro nod for Buck), but historically Buck has obviously been a stud. Disappeared a lot last year for my liking, but still was very good. I agree with your take here; the value of return is important. 

I think they were giving this a long thought. They have to do what is best for the team/franchise. It hurts to see Buckner go, but that's part of the NFL...and he found a team that will pay him. I do think it was the right move and the Colts gave us a great pick. I wonder if we are going to use it or give it away for more picks.

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

He has high standards and has been playing at Pro Bowl level last two seasons. But he was All Pro level in year two. Definitely good enough to get back to that level. That season he was such a force.