Bills acquire WR Stefon Diggs

RaidersAreOne

13 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

We gave up a lot and our first day during the NFL draft is gonna be super boring but ill take it. We got an elite reciever with 3 years left on his deal and a small cap hit.

I remember feeling like that leading up to the draft after we traded for Jared Allen.  What I did was spend a lot of time on draft night watching Jared Allen highlights and that helped the excitement level quite a bit.  Just watch some highlights of Diggs (there should be a lot of them) and that will get you going.  ;)

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Guys that can get open and create separation in small areas is more inline with what the Bills do and want to do.

Until Allen fires a rocket a foot over everyone heads lol

I get what you're saying. Not sure you get what I'm saying. We shall see when time comes. Hopefully we add another TE or WR

18 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Until Allen fires a rocket a foot over everyone heads lol

I get what you're saying. Not sure you get what I'm saying. We shall see when time comes. Hopefully we add another TE or WR

Lol nah he did just fine with Beasley on quick outs last season. I think Diggs gives us another quick weapons down there who can win on slants and outs. 

I think I get what you’re saying haha. I still think we add a WR in the mid rounds to compete with Duke for that 4th/5th spot. 

My thoughts are mixed I certainly don't like given up that much I probably over value the draft but at the same time Diggs is very good and I was thinking the best we would of gotten at WR with pick 22 was Higgins I certainly think Diggs is better than he is and we know what we are getting.  The only problem I have with Diggs is and I don't know this but I think he'll want a new deal in a year or two.  Now my problem given up 22 is I really think we could of gotten a very good LB at that pick but then you have to value what's better for the team at this time a proven very good WR or a rookie LB I'd go WR the way the Bills did 9 out of 10 times.  Also I trust the leadership of this team hopefully they are right again

Beane gave up one pick of value and a bunch of meh for an elite WR. The entire haul only equates to the 18th O/A pick going by the value chart. 

This is a great deal. My only concern is Diggs attitude issues, but I believe our locker room and leadership will have him buying into the process.

When Beane went after AB last year they  were willing to take on his contract and willing to trade picks. They got that far from what was said, the issue was AB wanted a new deal with more guarantees and Beane said no and backed out. Now I would assume this was the same way, they were willing to give up the picks and willing to take on the current contract, I think the cap hit will be the same but some changes to the contract will be made where Diggs will receive more guaranteed money which he currently has none. All in all there is a 4 year 48 mil deal still left in his contract, giving half that in guarantees could be enough to keep him happy and willing to play out the current deal.

@Trentwannabe that is what I have been saying without moving up to top 10-15 they were not landing the top 2 guys in jeudy or lamb, so this had to be an option to land a legit #1 wr. I like ruggs but I do not see him as a legit #1 he is a complimentary #2 to a different style wr. I have him as an ideal pick for Raiders as they have Tyrell who can be their big guy and then ruggs as their burner. I was not impressed with Higgins at all and didnt see the hype, I would have maybe said Jefferson at 22 but even then it could be a reach to have expectations of them being a #1 right away. Now the interesting thing would be if Higgins is available in the 2nd rd when bills are on the clock if their minds would be different to take the risk on him knowing that he doesnt have to be the guy right away but still could contribute as a 2/3 for the team.

19 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

This goes along with what Ben Allbright had said after the trade too. Bills likely knew/felt getting one of the top 3 was not possible. Higgins was linked to us at 22 but after the pro day the Bills obviously felt they had to do something. 

Makes a lot of sense. 

Were obviously going all in trying to capitalize on this 2 year window of rookie contracts. Diggs and Brown can stretch the field for guys like Beasley, Singletary and Allen taking off from the pocket 

21 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yup. This team is in win now mode.

See if they can steal a championship before having to pay Allen and Edmunds. 

Josh Allen has no excuses heading into year 3. The stage is set, he has a top defense, quality weapons and a decent OL.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Josh Allen has no excuses heading into year 3. The stage is set, he has a top defense, quality weapons and a decent OL.

What kind of stat-line do you think we should expect from Allen this season? 

Wins are obviously the most important, but an offense that scores more than 19.6 a game will go a long way.

Would be nice to see Allen hit 30 TD passes.