Free Agent Frenzy

jsthomp2007

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Bombed out? He's thrown 10tds and 6 picks in his career he's mobile what do you expect for a backup?: I like him over Brandon Allen tbh

If you want to use his career stats, he's only thrown for 140ish ypg. Last year he threw 4td's to 4int's . He also has 5 fumbles in 12 games...OK, you like him, I think he;s JAG

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I think Chris being out of the locker room could be a bit of an addition by subtraction thing. Good guy but not sure he was a great presence around the young core. Things really changed after they cut TJ. 

Koenigsberg made a good point on one of his podcasts that it's probably for the best to move on from all the SB50 guys. Or at least that the leadership needs to shift to the new guys. It was obviously creating a stunted/whack culture. 

Prior to the free agency period, we we're supposed to be one of the top 6 teams with money to spend as well as a team with 12 draft picks.  While the signing of Glasgow was a plus, SOOO many teams seem to plunder our objects of desire, leaving us having to use our draft picks to supplement what we should have been able to do within free agency. Now a 4th and a 7th seems to be good value for what I expect to be two starters, neither are spring chickens and may not add to this team long-term. And the Broncos and Elway get to skate on by, getting praise.....but to me looks like a last place AFCW next Year. 

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Koenigsberg made a good point on one of his podcasts that it's probably for the best to move on from all the SB50 guys. Or at least that the leadership needs to shift to the new guys. It was obviously creating a stunted/whack culture. 

I agree with the sentiment and they're almost all gone now. I think you can keep Von because he's adaptable and has a youthful spirit. As far as Chris goes, it's not great having one of your vets being a source of negativity around such a young team. Based on some comments Shelby made last year, I feel the same about him. 

5 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Prior to the free agency period, we we're supposed to be one of the top 6 teams with money to spend as well as a team with 12 draft picks.  While the signing of Glasgow was a plus, SOOO many teams seem to plunder our objects of desire, leaving us having to use our draft picks to supplement what we should have been able to do within free agency. Now a 4th and a 7th seems to be good value for what I expect to be two starters, neither are spring chickens and may not add to this team long-term. And the Broncos and Elway get to skate on by, getting praise.....but to me looks like a last place AFCW next Year. 

I have no problem with using day 3 draft picks to get starters without any long term commitments to money. Signing Reader would have been major - but he is not the highest paid NT in the league with a $53million - 4 year deal. Is he worth it - yes - but it is also a big financial commitment over 4 years. However, Casey is also a major pick up - yes he is 30 - but the Broncos only have a 1 year commitment - and still have him at a good price next year.

This Broncos team is improving - the 4 steps already taken have improved the roster - even if two were for day 3 picks (we have a lot of them).

• Like 1