2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

7 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Why is Curtis Weaver a 3rd round guy?

He put up good numbers, is it more physical ability or talent above him? He is more impressive to me than YGM.

I'll bet he goes in rd 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Why is Curtis Weaver a 3rd round guy?

He put up good numbers, is it more physical ability or talent above him? He is more impressive to me than YGM.

Lower ceiling than YGM.  I like him too but he really doesn't have much bend.  He kind of reminds me of Derek Barnett,  good with hand fighting solid rusher but is never going tooi get those instant flash sacks. 

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I'll start by saying I'd be happy if we drafted Edwards. But for me he's not a top 10 WR. Why? He's not dynamic. He's a big bodied guy, who plays tough, with hands. Traits I like... but nothing special. Really no difference between him and the likes of Pittman, Jennings (who could be had in the 6th), etc. I get the production is there and with poor QB play... just isnt fast, quick, great route runner. Things that are required at the NFL level.

He averaged like 18 ypc.  He can play on any level short, int, and deep routes.  I think you need to watch him again.  He probably would have ran a 4.4 maybe low 4.5 which is plenty fast.  There are different types of WRs who can go deep.  The D Jax and Robby types who just blow by you and the Mike Evans and Keenan Allen types who just attack the ball.  Edwards is the latter.  He was used on screens and is like Enunwa with the ball in his hands with his tough running style.  I mean Mike Evans ran a 4.5 and he is a big play WR.  Not every good deep ball WR runs a 4.3.

• Like 2

From the middle off the first into the 3rd, there are a bunch of potentially good edge rushers - Chaisson, Espensa, Okwara, Lewis, Gross-Matos, Baum, Weaver, Uche, Anae. I’d be happy with any of them in the third

If in the all unlikelihood that Isaiah Simmons is in and around where we are drafting would you:

A- Consider drafting him

B- Trade up a few spots for him

The reason I ask is Daniel Jeremiah just released his latest mock draft and Simmons went #10. Could he become a pass rushing OLB? His combine numbers are insane.  

3 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

https://establishtherun.com/evan-silvas-mock-nfl-draft/

Evan is my favorite guy in the business and annually has one of the most accurate mock drafts known to man

That’s a good looking mock. Interesting how low he has Justin Jefferson though. He also has Aiyuk pretty high. Maybe those of us that hope he will be our second round pick are kidding ourselves.

12 minutes ago, xenajets said:

If in the all unlikelihood that Isaiah Simmons is in and around where we are drafting would you:

A- Consider drafting him

The reason I ask is Daniel Jeremiah just released his latest mock draft and Simmons went #10. Could he become a pass rushing OLB? His combine numbers are insane.  

I wouldn’t draft him. Great prospect though, but we already have a hybrid player and we have a highly paid Mosley.

We should be fielding calls regardless of who falls to us.

26 minutes ago, xenajets said:

A- Consider drafting him

No thanks. We have to go WR or OT for me period.

I just know the last time we had a legit offense we had a true #1 WR with Brandon Marshall..  Most of the best offenses have that #1 WR that dominates with their QB.  Get Darnold real help, a stud at WR that he can throw to and grow with. 

I see potential solid WRs after that, but its harder to project star with some of these other guys. I like Michael Pittman cause I think hes safe and will be a solid WR. But other guys have higher upsides than him.  Jeudy and Lamb though they are stars and will be elite WRs.  

I know we aren't gonna get either because it would be too good to finally land a stud for Darnold, but its my dream right now... 

If we don't get Darnold a star WR in the draft he is going to have another so so year at best.  All the great QB's in the history of the NFL had top receiver. Under normal circumstances I would go Offensive line, but right now Darnold needs more fire power on offensive. Well all know how long it has been since we drafted a skilled player at the WR position, and this year we have a chance to do that.

3 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

If we don't get Darnold a star WR in the draft he is going to have another so so year at best.  All the great QB's in the history of the NFL had top receiver. Under normal circumstances I would go Offensive line, but right now Darnold needs more fire power on offensive. Well all know how long it has been since we drafted a skilled player at the WR position, and this year we have a chance to do that.

I don't know if I'd go that far. But I get what you're saying. It would be criminally awful for us to ruin yet another QB by not giving him talent. We can't let it get to a situation where he's at or even a tad better than he is now, when it's time to give him a contract in a year or 2. Having good weapons will only help that and actually make a good decision on him going forward.

• Like 1