Mike Maccagnan Thread

Jetfan66

10 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Davis is our best player on defense ATM.  

If we got Bridgewater ok or I'll throw in Cousins, but I want Bridgewater, we can make some serious moves in the 1st two rounds with LT, pass rusher and RB.  Unless we take a project T all three should be able to start right away.

I do like addressing this expositions but it’s going to be very hard for guys there to start. Beachum hasn’t been as bad as some make him out to be at LT, and his contract isn’t cuttable. RB can start if we address it early. A 3rd Round or later guy ain’t going to start over Powell and McGuire. A pass rusher can start being we have no one opposite Jenkins. Center is a big spot we can get a starter at in the 1st 3 Rounds. If Claiborne is brought back I don’t see CB as a HUGE need. Yes we can certainly upgrade at it, but I’d like to see us go elsewhere with high picks. There’s also a few FAs that are attractive in the market. Trumaine Johnson and Malcolm Butler to name a couple. If we miss out on Cousins or Bridgewater, we have to spend that cap space somewhere.

41 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

We don't get the QB then we need to go after Trumaine Johnson.

I think $90M will be enough to go after cousins and johnson and resign the guys we want.

Side note I can't see anyway we don't add a QB. If we miss out on Cousins then McCown will resign and we will address QB in the first round. I doubt McCown gets resigned and we don't bring anyone in.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Isiah Crowell is a FA

I hear he is dumb all the way.  Who knows.

As for Jets seeking for RB strength, Jets need two RBs; explosive burst or scat and power brusier.  You can use FB or H back with speed for power duty if you want to.

13 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Davis is our best player on defense ATM.  

If we got Bridgewater ok or I'll throw in Cousins, but I want Bridgewater, we can make some serious moves in the 1st two rounds with LT, pass rusher and RB.  Unless we take a project T all three should be able to start right away.

I don't think Bridgewater gets out of MIN. It's clear they want him to retake the job (they almost replaced Keenum with him after a 4 TD GAME), but they can't justify benching Keenum with the way he has been playing. I don't expect them to hitch their wagon to Keenum beyond this year, and most likely they'll try to bring both he and Bridgewater back to compete for the job. It won't surprise me if Keenum simply moved on and tried to find an organization willing to commit to him, realizing that Teddy would likely get the job. Also, it's in Bridgewater's best interest to return to MIN - he knows the system, they have a really good team, and he's familiar with the organization. 

However, if Bridgewater made it to FA, I'd campaign for him over Cousins (if of course he's healthy). They're extremely similar players, but Teddy has a higher upside, is 4 years younger, and would be so much cheaper. 

25 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I don't think Bridgewater gets out of MIN. It's clear they want him to retake the job (they almost replaced Keenum with him after a 4 TD GAME), but they can't justify benching Keenum with the way he has been playing. I don't expect them to hitch their wagon to Keenum beyond this year, and most likely they'll try to bring both he and Bridgewater back to compete for the job. It won't surprise me if Keenum simply moved on and tried to find an organization willing to commit to him, realizing that Teddy would likely get the job. Also, it's in Bridgewater's best interest to return to MIN - he knows the system, they have a really good team, and he's familiar with the organization. 

However, if Bridgewater made it to FA, I'd campaign for him over Cousins (if of course he's healthy). They're extremely similar players, but Teddy has a higher upside, is 4 years younger, and would be so much cheaper. 

I'm pretty sure Teddy will be a RFA, I'd imagine they'll slap him with the original round tender which would require us to trade a 1st round pick to get him. I'd be interested to see if they use the franchise tag for Keenum if he finishes the year strong and then the round 1 tender on Bridgewater to give themselves another year before making a decision long term.

1 hour ago, rdelaney89 said:

I'm pretty sure Teddy will be a RFA, I'd imagine they'll slap him with the original round tender which would require us to trade a 1st round pick to get him. I'd be interested to see if they use the franchise tag for Keenum if he finishes the year strong and then the round 1 tender on Bridgewater to give themselves another year before making a decision long term.

He will be a UFA not RFA.

I kinda like the RB committee we have now, where all three guys can rush, can catch a pass...Powell and McGuire have home-run ability, too, while Forte is a strong and valuable presence.

If we add someone early on, I'd like to see that player add to the mix we have...I assume one of Powell or Forte will be gone.

We seem to be copycatting the Saints on offense a little bit, which is fine by me.

15 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

The vikings did not exercise the 5th year option on Bridgewater. As of now, he will be an UFA. But he may still remain under contract if the Vikings are able to toll his contract. 

Can't see the Vikings getting rid of him. Zimmer and the roster love Teddy. Think Bradford walks and they stick with Keenum/Teddy

Archived