Browns sign Safety Andrew Sendejo

SteelKing728

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So what are we getting here?

You're getting a guy that plays hard, even if he doesn't have the skill-set of an elite S.   Alluded to by Steve, he has a history of throwing his body around and doing stupid stuff like trying to tackle with just his shoulder, but he has gotten smarter over the past couple of years to do it a little less.  He's no superstar, but he's a competent player.  

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

the rest of your defense on IR

Maddox was just weak and couldn't even handle a shoulder to the side.  I'm sure more Vikings got side-swiped by Sendejo over the years and never spent a minute on IR because of it.  

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

You're getting a guy that plays hard, even if he doesn't have the skill-set of an elite S.   Alluded to by Steve, he has a history of throwing his body around and doing stupid stuff like trying to tackle with just his shoulder, but he has gotten smarter over the past couple of years to do it a little less.  He's no superstar, but he's a competent player.  

I definitely wanted him back. He’s really good as a third Safety, someone who can play in a pinch. Even played at slot CB when Alexander was hurt. Sendejo is gritty, tough and very smart (scheme wise). He’s good on ST as well. However, Sendejo is careless as a tackler and has had an issue taking out his own players. Basically he plays like most safety’s did in the 90s. 

But off Sendejos departure forces the Vikes to commit to Harris, I’m happy with this signing.