Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:
1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I should be able to go and get a haircut

Lol, such a primitive human need.

There’s a YouTube video out there off an Italian mayor screaming at a woman for breaking quarantine to get a haircut 

if the captions are right he told her “it’s gonna be a closed casket, nobody will see your hair”

in ET’s case we wouldn’t be able to see the hair regardless, so it’s an even worse idea 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrDrew said:

We are not going to discuss treatments a person should or should not try in a football forum, nor should anyone listen to suggestions for it. Internet doctors get people killed. 

Some like Dr. Drew or Dr. Oz make zillions though. Mad world. 

3 hours ago, dtait93 said:

And what about the 6,000+ doctors from 30 different countries that rate it the best drug to fight it?

There's already an article saying that the combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin doesn't work as people are suggesting. As they've told you already, you have to be careful with these things.

Here in Spain I have a few friends and seven family members working in hospitals right now. Quite a few people who are dying in the ICU are doing it because they are trying to use different types of antiretrovirals that apparently have worked previously. These guys know what they are giving their patients and their side effects, and yet what apparently works for some it kills others.

Apparently my brother got pulled over going to work this week, wasn't even doing anything wrong except "violating" the shelter order. His job is definitely an essential one too. Normally they make and bottle soaps and household cleaning products but now they're producing stuff for hospitals. 

4 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Apparently my brother got pulled over going to work this week, wasn't even doing anything wrong except "violating" the shelter order. His job is definitely an essential one too. Normally they make and bottle soaps and household cleaning products but now they're producing stuff for hospitals. 

What state?

7 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

There's already an article saying that the combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin doesn't work as people are suggesting. As they've told you already, you have to be careful with these things.

And here’s an actual trial showing after 5 days of hydroxychloroquine treatment, 31 patients with COVID-19 we’re significantly relieved compared to the other 31 who received a placebo.

https://www.contagionlive.com/news/results-from-a-controlled-trial-of-hydroxychloroquine-for-covid19

It’s a half century old+ drug that is well known and is considered to be one of the safest in the world. It’s literally been sold and prescribed by the millions for years now. It’s understood who should and shouldn’t take it.

As always though, consult your medical professional or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions regarding a medical condition.

2 minutes ago, mission27 said:

What state?

Minnesota 

Didn't get a citation or even a warning or anything like that. Cop just wanted to know where he was going at 5:30 in the morning and said stay safe and whatever. Just seems really strange to me that it would even happen. 

Edited by skywindO2

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

And here’s an actual trial showing after 5 days of hydroxychloroquine treatment, 31 patients with COVID-19 we’re significantly relieved compared to the other 31 who received a placebo.

https://www.contagionlive.com/news/results-from-a-controlled-trial-of-hydroxychloroquine-for-covid19

It’s a half century old+ drug that is well known and is considered to be one of the safest in the world. It’s literally been sold and prescribed by the millions for years now. It’s understood who should and shouldn’t take it.

As always though, consult your medical professional or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions regarding a medical condition.

Yes that trial was very encouraging and the main reason people have been talking about hydroxychloroquine for the past few weeks, but there were issues + subsequent trials have been less definitive, its an open question

• Like 1

Well, the MoL's been saying it for a few days, that France data looked weird, and we were correct

France has gone back and made a significant revision to historical cases (unsurprisingly they chose to make this revision retroactively shortly after the MoLs were released last night, so as to not impact their rating)

We are working on a way to correct the MoLs for this restatement - likely we will rejigger the numbers to spread these cases evenly over the history of the France

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Yes that trial was very encouraging and the main reason people have been talking about hydroxychloroquine for the past few weeks, but there were issues + subsequent trials have been less definitive, its an open question

And btw, I'm one of the most gung ho, cut the red tape, lets try anything people out there because I really do think the impact of the lockdown is as bad or worse than the impact of the pandemic.  We need to do things we would not ordinarily do and find an answer quickly even if it means breaking a few eggs along the way

BUT

I find the tunnel vision on hydroxychloroquine kind of strange from the perspective of the public and politicians

From the perspective of doctors I 100% get it.  Its one of the few if not only of these therapeutics they can actually get their hands on without going directly to the drug companies for compassionate use 

But its important to recognize thats the primary reason it is the drug of choice rn tbh