Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

I swear to God I'm about this close to boycotting any company or business who is advertising right now with the same b... Baloney. 

"We care..."
"We're there..."
We this, we that. 

I swear they're sounding exactly like South Park satire.  That episode where the oil company kept saying "We're sorry..."

They're sounding like damn parodies.  Every single company that's advertising right now says the same damn thing.  "We care..."  No you don't.  You're just trying to comfort people going through hell into buying your stuff.  If Home Depot cared about me they'd be telling me to stay at home and hold off on buying that damn new shower curtain. 

Like I get it... You want to stay in business and suffer as little as you can, but don't use the Coronavirus to advertise.  Uber Eats trying to guilt me into using Uber Eats by telling me small businesses are suffering.  Do you think I'm stupid?  Do you think these small businesses can't provide takeout options? 

And McDonalds, too. 

Then you've got Lowes having a Spring Black Friday sale and having the gall to advertise a Spring Black Friday sale when people are supposed to be staying home?  Like are you actually kidding me? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mission27 said:

3,039 new cases in Italy today

Active cases 94,067 vs. 93,187 yesterday so less than  1k increase vs. 2k increase yesterday and 3k increase the day before

Italy is at apex

That’s great news, they’ve been through a nightmare.

2 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

We just got a positive test in our family for COVID-19.

I'm going into quarantine I think by the end of the week per my doctor's advisory.

Here we go boys.

Stay safe buddy!

38 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Is Wisconsin going to be the next hot spot? 

My brother's wife's brother who lives in Wisconsin died from COVID this past weekend. I never met him but my brother told me he was only 26, healthy and had no underlying conditions.

Edited by Nex_Gen

6 hours ago, mission27 said:

A couple of months of zero revenue while expecting them to continue to pay all of their employees and cover their other costs is a big ask.  American Airlines has $45 billion a year of revenue and $44 billion a year of expenses.  That's what making a billion dollars a year looks like.  People don't seem to get that.  You take one side of that equation away and not the other and its going to be ugly.

I think its important to remember that shutting down the entire global economy has never happened in the history of human civilization, this isn't something anyone thought was going to happen or could have foreseen.  I understand people are hurting but people will be hurting more down the road if we throw the baby out with the bath water.  

I do understand this, and I’m not opposed to bailouts for corporations in general, especially in unprecedented times like this.  That said, these companies shouldn’t be allowed to buy back stocks and have fixed executive wages and bonuses for 10-20 years imo. Airlines have bought back a ton of stock and that money could have been better allocated to allow for a more fiscally flexibility company.

I get they need the money, I don’t agree it should be essentially “free”.  If they want the money, the cost is operating responsibly moving forward.

14 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

My brother's wife's brother who lives in Wisconsin died from COVID this past weekend. I never met him but my brother told me he was only 26, healthy and had no underlying conditions.

brutal news, best wishes to you and yours

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So sorry man.

11 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

brutal news, best wishes to you and yours

The worst part about this is the fact my sister-in-law never got to say goodbye or even see her brother one last time, due to the situation and because she's out here in California with my family. I'm hoping this is the closest I'll come into contact with this thing. Same for all of you.   

• Like 1

Just now, Nex_Gen said:

The worst part about this is the fact my sister-in-law never got to say goodbye or even see her brother one last time, due to the situation and because she's out here in California with my family. I'm hoping this is the closest I'll come into contact with this thing. Same for all of you.   

Can’t even imagine.  

In my line of work I’ve been around plenty of death, but usually there’s a chance for family to be with the person and say goodbye and grieve.  

I simply can’t imagine what these families and patients are experiencing.  Take care and if there’s anything I can do, even as some anonymous bro on the interwebz, please don’t hesitate to ask.

• Like 1