Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

29 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

I can’t remember if i read it here or on twitter but one of the best ways I’ve seen it explained; If i gave you 100 skittles and told you that 2 of them could kill you, you gonna eat any skittles? 

that would be 2%, not .2%. regardless, do you live life trying to avoid cancer or do you never drive in case of a deadly accident?

To be clear, people need to stay home. it sucks, its boring and its happening during a time of year when people want to do things outside. people can deal with this for two months. HOWEVER, i was replying to someone saying how stressful it was and their gf was crying because of it. the reality is if youre healthy and not elderly the overwhelming likelihood is that youll be fine. that doesnt mean be careless, but panicking about this is kinda foolish.

35 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

is this trending better than it was like two weeks ago or worse? 

I believe its trending the same.

Which is bad.

But Im not 100% certain so dont take my word on it as fact.

15 hours ago, swoosh said:

I'm not talking about testing capabilities here. If you want to talk about testing capabilities, look at South Korea who has the best testing in the world right now. 8,800 confirmed cases and 102 deaths. That's a 1.159% mortality rate. We know testing is a huge issue in the US and it is what is causing the panic as seen in this thread alone. 

There is nothing to suggest deaths are being unreported in any sort of large volume and certainly not anywhere near the 27x that experts say for confirmed cases. 

I would assume that because South Korea was so on top of their testing, as well as other aggressive tactics, that they were also able to do a better job of quarantining  those who were infected and keeping it from spreading as easily around unlike Italy.

Edited by Xenos

1 hour ago, Cheesehawk said:

I can’t remember if i read it here or on twitter but one of the best ways I’ve seen it explained; If i gave you 100 skittles and told you that 2 of them could kill you, you gonna eat any skittles? 

I dont like the metaphor because theres no reward to eat skittles

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

that would be 2%, not .2%. regardless, do you live life trying to avoid cancer or do you never drive in case of a deadly accident?

To be clear, people need to stay home. it sucks, its boring and its happening during a time of year when people want to do things outside. people can deal with this for two months. HOWEVER, i was replying to someone saying how stressful it was and their gf was crying because of it. the reality is if youre healthy and not elderly the overwhelming likelihood is that youll be fine. that doesnt mean be careless, but panicking about this is kinda foolish.

missed the decimal on mobile, my bad

either way, I think we are going to find in the US that we will have a higher mortality rate than China, Italy, and other foreign nations. We have by far the most obese and unhealthy population in the world.

So I just got inside info that gov't will be announcing tomorrow a full national lockdown and closure of all non-essential businesses. This sounds crazy, but apparently we are going to stop testing as well as too many resources and medical supplies are being focused on testing. Will only announce deaths from here on out. 

Take it with a grain of salt, but this is directly from someone who is very well connected.

4 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

So I just got inside info that gov't will be announcing tomorrow a full national lockdown and closure of all non-essential businesses. This sounds crazy, but apparently we are going to stop testing as well as too many resources and medical supplies are being focused on testing. Will only announce deaths from here on out. 

Take it with a grain of salt, but this is directly from someone who is very well connected.

are grocery stores considered essential?