Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What are the details/specifics?

Depending on the particulars this could be anything from good policy to a premature overreaction.

It sounds like it mainly applies to things like festivals and parades which isn't surprising, I dont think any city will be having these things this summer

Baltimore Mayor Bernard C. “Jack” Young announced Wednesday that all public events in Baltimore are canceled through Aug. 31, including the July Fourth fireworks and the annual Artscape festival.

The cancellations apply to all events requiring a city permit.

• Like 1

?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=shareI know that linking outside sites is a no-no but this is interesting info and could be a major problem for sports but overall could be something to look into. There are links to what I'm referring to in the top comment. MODs, please delete this if not allowed

https://www.reddit.com/r/COVID19/comments/gn2yu4/why_do_some_covid19_patients_infect_many_others/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What are the details/specifics?

Depending on the particulars this could be anything from good policy to a premature overreaction.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/coronavirus/bs-md-coronavirus-baltimore-events-canceled-20200520-b4dzxowjujfbnpfrwpwdpdrnym-story.html

The cancellations apply to all events requiring a city permit.

When asked if he would reconsider should conditions improve before July, Young said he couldn’t rule it out.

“It’s always a possibility to take a second look at something, and I am open to that, But I will also be guided by our health professionals and the data they provide to tell us whether it’s safe to do that," he said.

So it's not sports since you don't need a permit. It's parades and 4th of July stuff that tbh should probably be canceled anyway.  And also it's all subject to change.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Unless it's crowded or people have health issues it seems like they'd be better off not wearing a mask in that situation

I’d imagine for something like this there’s no way to know ahead of time what the crowds will be and the organizers wanted to have a universal policy in place ahead of time.

Waiting until it gets busy to make a change or expecting people to do the right thing are not ideal.

And when you say better off, what do you mean?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/coronavirus/bs-md-coronavirus-baltimore-events-canceled-20200520-b4dzxowjujfbnpfrwpwdpdrnym-story.html

So it's not sports since you don't need a permit. It's parades and 4th of July stuff that tbh should probably be canceled anyway.  And also it's all subject to change.

Stuff like this is hard, it’s a no win situation.

Allow it to happen and an outbreak happens and you were reckless.  Don’t allow it and “yer tramplin’ muh right tuh farwerks”.

I’d love to see a way for things like this to continue by limiting attendance through ticket sales, requirements for masks, hand sanitizer stations, etc., but perhaps that’s not profitable or too hard to enforce.

2 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Including for the victor 

I'm not saying Quebec is improving while Ontario starts to backslide BECAUSE of what you did, but there's a literal connection tbh

Don't worry man, I'll stay safe for you

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Stuff like this is hard, it’s a no win situation.

Allow it to happen and an outbreak happens and you were reckless.  Don’t allow it and “yer tramplin’ muh right tuh farwerks”.

I’d love to see a way for things like this to continue by limiting attendance through ticket sales, requirements for masks, hand sanitizer stations, etc., but perhaps that’s not profitable or too hard to enforce.

Probably pretty hard to enforce tbh 

Imagine the number of drunk *******s playing the free country card as to why they could stand wherever they want to watch the fireworks 

But hopefully we get creative and have some fireworks some places, otherwise you're gonna have a lot of bootleg fireworks shows blowing peoples hands off and **** which isn't great either.  Since fireworks are outdoors it makes it a little easier.

• Like 1