Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So we wait for a problem before we address the issue?

We’ve been addressing the issue for 100+ days and will continue to do so. Status quo still includes safety precautions and measures. That’s a bit reducto absurdism to go to that extreme or insinuate that was my intention. I’m not calling for blanket “return to normalcy” here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So we wait for a problem before we address the issue?

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s just odd as most of what people want to be able to do, and our economy needs, can be done relatively safely if we just wear masks, but for some reason we feel the need to appease people who think their uneducated opinions are valid.

If it were up to me, i wouldn't change anything that's open/closed atm, and simply mandate masks in public.

That should head off any significant curve that might be coming, and allow the economy to continue to sputter along.

• Like 1

Just now, theJ said:

If it were up to me, i wouldn't change anything that's open/closed atm, and simply mandate masks in public.

That should head off any significant curve that might be coming, and allow the economy to continue to sputter along.

Just now, MWil23 said:

We’ve been addressing the issue for 100+ days and will continue to do so. Status quo still includes safety precautions and measures. That’s a bit reducto absurdism to go to that extreme or insinuate that was my intention. I’m not calling for blanket “return to normalcy” here. 

You essentially made my point for me. Instead of clamping down/taking steps backwards, try a different approach.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

I’m not saying you are, but I’m not sure why you seemed opposed to masks being mandatory when that’s essentially the single best thing we can do at this time?

Just now, MWil23 said:

You essentially made my point for me. Instead of clamping down/taking steps backwards, try a different approach.

Is mandating masks “clamping down” though? It’s simply applying data to minimize the spread.

It’s common sense at this point tbh.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not saying you are, but I’m not sure why you seemed opposed to masks being mandatory when that’s essentially the single best thing we can do at this time?

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Is mandating masks “clamping down” though? It’s simply applying data to minimize the spread.

Go back and reread the context of what I believe he’s announcing today and understand that statement in that light. I didn’t say anything about masks, but rather what I think he’s going to close down.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Clamping down=Closing down more businesses, not masks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

To some it will be clamping down, and to some it will be common sense.

But the evidence is clear at this point, IMO.  It's time to mandate it.

5 hours ago, theJ said:

Reaching back a few pages, but that video that was posted should have disabused you of this notion.  If masks trapped all sorts of CO2, you would have saw her blood oxygen saturation levels drop dramatically.  The reason you don't is that the volume of air behind a mask is minuscule as compared to your lung volume.  Most of what you inbreath comes from outside the mask. 

Additionally, you would be able to tell if you were breathing in too much CO2.  If you live near sea level and have ever traveled to the mountains, you might notice you're a little short of breath.  You breathe more often, and feel a little fatigued.  That's because your blood oxygen saturation levels drop down into the lower 90's, or even high 80's.  You can literally feel that.

Masks are not a danger to your breathing, in any way.

To further this point. Here is some basic science on why water and oxygen use passive transport across a membrane. Due to how small the atoms actually are in relation to the pour size of masks

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Go back and reread the context of what I believe he’s announcing today and understand that statement in that light. I didn’t say anything about masks, but rather what I think he’s going to close down.

You quoted me, talking about masks, and then went away from masks.  Makes it look like you're anti-mask.  That's how it reads to me (and @LETSGOBROWNIES too, apparently).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theJ said:

You quoted me, talking about masks, and then went away from masks.  Makes it look like you're anti-mask.  That's how it reads to me (and @LETSGOBROWNIES too, apparently).

You said you hoped he mandated masks. I quoted you and made my statement, wherein you originally quoted me, so I was responding to what I hoped he’d say per my original statement, while not disagreeing with you whatsoever :)

Just now, MWil23 said:

You said you hoped he mandated masks. I quoted you and made my statement, wherein you originally quoted me, so I was responding to what I hoped he’d say per my original statement, while not disagreeing with you whatsoever :)

Ok.  So we're still beating around the bush here.  Let's clear up the record: are you pro mask or not?  That can stop this whole thing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theJ said:

Ok.  So we're still beating around the bush here.  Let's clear up the record: are you pro mask or not?  That can stop this whole thing.

I’m completely indifferent. 1/2 of the people that wear them in public aren’t wearing them properly and the guy in front of me yesterday at the store took off his glove with his mouth to pay the cashier. Pardon my skepticism on humanity. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’m completely indifferent. 1/2 of the people that wear them in public aren’t wearing them properly and the guy in front of me yesterday at the store took off his glove with his mouth to pay the cashier. Pardon my skepticism on humanity. 

Indifferent....ok that clears all this up. We are obviously ready to open everything up! Bring on the clown show.