Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

1 minute ago, seriously27 said:

Indifferent....ok that clears all this up. We are obviously ready to open everything up! Bring on the clown show. 

You’re complete willful ignorance of context and inserting your perceived belief on what I think is both noted and comical.

51 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He will follow suit to Florida and Texas I bet. I'm foreseeing the shutdown of bars/clubs with alcohol sales. Keep the restaurants open but no more in person alcohol.

Tbh I don't see the need to ban in person alcohol. Its not like you can wear a mask drinking soft drinks or eating food either. What makes alcohol that much different? 

Packed bars and clubs are a different story. I get that its hard to enforce. IMO it should be zero tolerance. If you go above capacity or serve people who aren't seated at a socially distanced table, you lose your liquor license and get shut down until this is over.

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’m completely indifferent. 1/2 of the people that wear them in public aren’t wearing them properly and the guy in front of me yesterday at the store took off his glove with his mouth to pay the cashier. Pardon my skepticism on humanity. 

The guy taking off his glove with his mouth, or people repositioning their mask with their hands doesn't really matter.  We should all know at this point that the mask is there to protect others, not you.  So you putting your hand on your face doesn't change that at all - you're still not protected, and others still are.

Now, people wearing them with their nose hanging out.  Yeah they're not wearing it correctly.

Overall it's still a net positive.  You should be pro-mask.  Everyone should.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

You’re complete willful ignorance of context and inserting your perceived belief on what I think is both noted and comical.

It's not willful ignorance but I'm glad you find this funny. You stated that you wanted to maintain the status quo while at the same time talking about how people obviously are not and will not follow the mask mandate while at the same time talking about the ignorance of people who are doing it. I don't think my ignorance is the problem here. 

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

Tbh I don't see the need to ban in person alcohol. Its not like you can wear a mask drinking soft drinks or eating food either. What makes alcohol that much different? 

Packed bars and clubs are a different story. I get that its hard to enforce. IMO it should be zero tolerance. If you go above capacity or serve people who aren't seated at a socially distanced table, you lose your liquor license and get shut down until this is over.

Lowered inhibitions, less personal boundaries, people yelling/spitting when they talk...

Again, all this is my perceived belief on what he will announce and say. @LETSGOBROWNIES and @theJ, he tried masks once, that's a non starter and he knows it. That's why he's running his campaigns telling people to wear them. This will be more business restrictions. They will continue to try to institute these mandates through restrictions on business because a business doesn't have rights to “infringe upon”. I'm not making a political statement just an observation. He's a lawyer, he knows how things work. 

2 minutes ago, theJ said:

Now, people wearing them with their nose hanging out.  Yeah they're not wearing it correctly.

That’s the 1/2 of people I’m talking about, at least around my area. It’s become a glorified chin strap for employees, let alone consumers.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Again, all this is my perceived belief on what he will announce and say. @LETSGOBROWNIES and @theJ, he tried masks once, that's a non starter and he knows it. That's why he's running his campaigns telling people to wear them. This will be more business restrictions. They will continue to try to institute these mandates through restrictions on business because a business doesn't have rights to “infringe upon”. I'm not making a political statement just an observation. He's a lawyer, he knows how things work. 

Staying seated at the table for my 3 year is a non-starter too.  I strap him in, and don't listen to his whining.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

That’s the 1/2 of people I’m talking about, at least around my area. It’s become a glorified chin strap for employees, let alone consumers.

I see it on about 1/20 people, at most.  

I still see it as a net positive, even if some don't wear it correctly.  Because most do.

1 minute ago, theJ said:

Staying seated at the table for my 3 year is a non-starter too.  I strap him in, and don't listen to his whining.

Again, I’m saying all of this based upon his mask mandate and the precedent of how he immediately withdrew/went back on that in May, speaking solely from a legal/political standpoint. 

Just now, MWil23 said:

Again, I’m saying all of this based upon his mask mandate and the precedent of how he immediately withdrew/went back on that in May, speaking solely from a legal/political standpoint. 

At what point do you ignore that group of people?  They’re clearly misinformed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, theJ said:

The guy taking off his glove with his mouth, or people repositioning their mask with their hands doesn't really matter.  We should all know at this point that the mask is there to protect others, not you.  So you putting your hand on your face doesn't change that at all - you're still not protected, and others still are.

Overall it's still a net positive.  You should be pro-mask.  Everyone should.

Why is it that masks protect other people but not the wearer? Do that many droplets get around the edges of the mask? It seems like the lower velocity of air coming from other people would make it more likely that it wouldn't get through the mask

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

At what point do you ignore that group of people?  They’re clearly misinformed.

In addition, i think he needs to ignore the law here.  Just mandate it.  Even if it goes to courts and eventually gets "overturned", that's down the road somewhat.  I'll take a few months of mandatory masks over zero months.

• Like 1