Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Not possible, but I agree, IMO there are a couple of very easy answers.

I guess by toe the line I mean not say it directly lol

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Incidentally, both the wife and I are developing symptoms now.  Headaches and bodyaches, nausea for my wife.  No fevers yet, as far as we can tell though, so it could still be anything else.

Wishing you a speedy recovery my guy.

• Like 2

Just now, animaltested said:

Other countries seemed to find very easy answers.

Other countries also wore masks and knocked down the transmission. We can't even handle that simple task
So when I say "no easy answers" , I'm referring to implementation in our exceptional country filled with exceptional citizens, exceptional politicians and exceptional lobbyists.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I guess by toe the line I mean not say it directly lol

Wishing you a speedy recovery my guy.

Thanks.  So far it's pretty mild, and the worst thing is just having no energy, and the inconvenience of lockdown quarantine.  If it's the Rona, the symptoms themselves aren't that bad for us yet.  Just inconvenience.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Not possible, but I agree, IMO there are a couple of very easy answers.

Incidentally, both the wife and I are developing symptoms now.  Headaches and bodyaches, nausea for my wife.  No fevers yet, as far as we can tell though, so it could still be anything else.

Oh no, that doesn't sound good. Really hoping you guys get through it with hardly any issues.

I guess social distancing doesn't work all that well. Damn it...

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

comprehensive update on vaccines in development, a little light reading...

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2020/06/29/coronavirus-vaccine-update-june-29

This one below is an interesting approach because they use an intranasal route, which is the same route the virus uses to enter humans and it induces both an IgG and an IgA response

Altimmune: Here’s another adenovirus vector, but administered via a different route. They’re going intranasal, and thus hoping to bring in a mucosal immune response as well. Since this seems to be the same platform as their earlier Nasovax influenza vaccine program, I will assume that this is also an Ad5 vector. This one is still listed as “preclinical” on the company’s web site, with such studies taking place partly at the University of Alabama-Birmingham. It’s good to see another technique being applied here; we’re going to need all the shots on goal that we can get.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Thanks.  So far it's pretty mild, and the worst thing is just having no energy, and the inconvenience of lockdown quarantine.  If it's the Rona, the symptoms themselves aren't that bad for us yet.  Just inconvenience.

Get well soon guys. @Mega Ron had some breathing exercises he said were a life saver.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

This is literally what I went through the week prior to Memorial Day. I remember b/c I was pumped to have a few days off and I didn't even have a drop of booze one day that weekend lol. I was counting down the hours until I could go to bed b/c that's how tired I was and would sleep for roughly 10-11 hours when I usually only get 6-7 a night and am fine. I never got tested b/c I never got a fever but I had chills and sweats. Wife never got sick either. Was like a body flu. Chills, aches all over every joint, and extremely tired all day. Went away after a week. Had two strange illnesses since this all happened. Kinda wish I had gotten tested at the time so I could know. Oh well....

Hope it stays as mild as it is even if they're not the same cause!

Edited by JTagg7754
  • Like 1

In case some people were still blaming the surge of cases on the recent and ongoing protests:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/covid-outbreaks-being-traced-back-063004115.html

In Minnesota, where protests are still ongoing over the death of George Floyd at the hands of a white police officer, state officials have yet to see a marked rise in coronavirus cases as a result of those protests. The results are “very encouraging,” a health official told ABC News. The official attributed the low infection rate to “the fact that many or most protesters were wearing masks, the events were outside, people were often able to maintain a 6-foot distance, and any exposures were of relatively shorter duration, not several hours to the same people in the same place.”

10 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

This is literally what I went through the week prior to Memorial Day. I remember b/c I was pumped to have a few days off and I didn't even have a drop of booze one day that weekend lol. I was counting down the hours until I could go to bed b/c that's how tired I was and would sleep for roughly 10-11 hours when I usually only get 6-7 a night and am fine. I never got tested b/c I never got a fever but I had chills and sweats. Wife never got sick either. Was like a body flu. Chills, aches all over every joint, and extremely tired all day. Went away after a week. Had two strange illnesses since this all happened. Kinda wish I had gotten tested at the time so I could know. Oh well....

Hope it stays as mild as it is even if they're not the same cause!

Apparently if you donate blood they'll test it for antibodies

10 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Apparently if you donate blood they'll test it for antibodies

Yeah I supplied that info earlier lol. It's Red Cross who's offering it b/c apparently there's always a summer shortage? Thought that was their reasoning. I'm really indifferent about doing it for a lot of reasons. Sometimes I need to just get out of my head and go do things lol. 

2 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Yeah I supplied that info earlier lol. It's Red Cross who's offering it b/c apparently there's always a summer shortage? Thought that was their reasoning. I'm really indifferent about doing it for a lot of reasons. Sometimes I need to just get out of my head and go do things lol. 

I thought I heard it before but I actually got an email from them. 

I figured they had less donors because of the covid  but idk. I'm not sure if any of the blood drives got canceled early on or not

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

I thought I heard it before but I actually got an email from them. 

I figured they had less donors because of the covid  but idk. I'm not sure if any of the blood drives got canceled early on or not

Yep they did. And a lot of them normally happen at offices and whatnot, which have all been cancelled too.

55 minutes ago, Xenos said:

In case some people were still blaming the surge of cases on the recent and ongoing protests:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/covid-outbreaks-being-traced-back-063004115.html

Yeah it's just a complete coincidence that rising cases coincided with the time frame and that the age range having the most positive tests just so happens to be the same age range that dominates the crowds at the protests.

Is it the sole reason? Absolutely not. But only an idiot would actually believe it's not a contributing factor.

• Like 2