Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Dude I just hope he cancels now. I’m 2 weeks into camp at 7 hours a pop out in the sun, and so help me, if we go through two a days in August just to be canceled a week before our first game, I’m going to be irate.

oof, yeah that would suck 😂 

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Go back a few pages and see what our school protocol is. It won’t last after September based upon trajectory/projections.

I just don’t see how it’s going to work at all.

Young kids aren’t going to do well with distancing and masks and how far are school officials willing to take enforcing masks?  It seems like a lot of “requesting” instead of an absolute mandate here. 

29 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I just figured someone else had your quirky yet great style. Glad to know you're still one in a billion. :D

Wow... just, wow! This would be great!

It would be great but I feel like since May, I've been reading about all these treatments that "could do this and that" but they seem to fade away into nothing after a couple headlines. Unfortunately I've been trained to think that's the case w/ all of them. At least this has a little substance to it as it's been proven using tissue samples. I mean, it'd be really easy to test lol. I'm sure people would be lined up out the door to get their hands on this that are sick right now. I'm positive there's more that goes into it aside from that but if we could prove this works, that's it. Let's get moving on production.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Nothing is illegal if you control the branch of government that enforces laws.

Isn’t that bleak.

But it has exposed how dependent we are on adherence to basic government norms and political processes actually working.

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

just don’t see how it’s going to work at all.

Oh it 100% WILL NOT HAPPEN.

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Young kids aren’t going to do well with distancing and masks and how far are school officials willing to take enforcing masks?  It seems like a lot of “requesting” instead of an absolute mandate here. 

We cannot as a school district legally force/enforce it anywhere except for on busses unless it’s a state law or mandate. That’s a fact. (I am a building union rep). Minor law is also a majorly tricky area and extremely complex.

5 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Isn’t that bleak.

But it has exposed how dependent we are on adherence to basic government norms and political processes actually working.

We’re lawyers, and I don’t know about you, but even I really didn’t realize just how true that was. The second an elected federal official (or group) decides to ignore what isn’t explicitly proscribed legally, a whole lot of the government falls apart.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Oh it 100% WILL NOT HAPPEN.

We cannot as a school district legally force/enforce it anywhere except for on busses unless it’s a state law or mandate. That’s a fact. (I am a building union rep). Minor law is also a majorly tricky area and extremely complex.

So how can a school enforce a dress code? Wouldn’t this be the same thing?

13 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Local group formed a group called Parents Against Masks.

That’s why schools are doomed.

Yes, only that reason. I’m surprised the “parents against the levy” groups don’t merge since they’re the same people. 

“Ahhhhhh!!!! The economy is a disaster! I can’t afford it!!!” says local parent, lives in $500,000 house in line at Starbucks, holding $5 cup of coffee. 

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

Yes, only that reason. I’m surprised the “parents against the levy” groups don’t merge since they’re the same people. 

“Ahhhhhh!!!! The economy is a disaster! I can’t afford it!!!” says local parent, lives in $500,000 house in line at Starbucks, holding $5 cup of coffee. 

Lol yep, with a couple kids who are still school age.

14 minutes ago, Daniel said:

We’re lawyers, and I don’t know about you, but even I really didn’t realize just how true that was. The second an elected federal official (or group) decides to ignore what isn’t explicitly proscribed legally, a whole lot of the government falls apart.

I knew it was true to an extent, but I am astonished by the magnitude of it to this day.  Primarily because it has typically been sufficient for nearly two centuries, with only a handful of significant oversteps.  Then, well, yeah.  And people look at me like I’m crazy and making it all up because “oh no, it cannot be that bad.”

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If you’re that opposed to masks, homeschool your kids.  

These selfish chuds are too much ffs.

You joke, but one of my wife's is going to be homeschooled this year because her mom doesn't think she should have to wear a mask.

This same parent complained all over Facebook in April that homeschooling was too hard.  And after about 4-6 weeks of homeschooling (with another month to go), announced on social media that her child already graduated 4th grade and won't be doing any more school work going forward.  After that post, any time my wife posted homework, it was checked off within 10 minutes as having been completed.