Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

55 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Alright, I didn’t watch the segment when you said  this because I figured it was the normal crazy ****, but I just saw it, and that was actually the craziest **** I’ve ever seen.

Oh no, it goes far beyond typical insanity. It's actually wild they allowed her to speak.

3 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

more on the vaccine from Pfizer, including an interview with CEO

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2020/07/14/pfizers-progress

“. . .it was the moment when I saw the data, plus many other data that we haven’t published yet, [that] made me say that until now I was thinking IF we have a vaccine. Now I’m discussing when we’re going to have a vaccine. . .We have a lot of indications that make me feel that really it should make it.”

the extreme cynic in me says this is public messaging to Maintain The Stonks, but then i'm pretty much conditioned to not expect good news lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

the extreme cynic in me says this is public messaging to Maintain The Stonks, but then i'm pretty much conditioned to not expect good news lol

They're making 100 million doses before the thing is approved. Yeah Pfizer makes billions, but they have a multi-billion dollar bet on these candidates and no company is going to do that unless they have stone cold data that suggests that all of them work.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

In many cases you're spot on, so keep feeding the cynic.
But as noted above - this one is too high profile and too expensive to eff around with market manipulations

• Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 9:18 AM, MookieMonstah said:

lol bro, no one gets upset about talking long term economic impacts. No one. Its a reality, its been discussed multiple times. The only people who get laughed at in this thread are the anti-science, anti-mask people.

Are there any anti-science/anti maskers in this thread?  I can't recall a person here say that openly. 

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

How do you avoid retaliation from the federal government if you do that though?

There's no avoiding retaliation from this federal govt, that's a given.
But if the data the hospitals publish is verified, then I'm pretty sure we still have freedom of the press (one of those pesky Amendments)
And any public hospitals might have to release their COVID data based on a FOI request from the press. ( ?)

There's also the health insurance companies and the cash they pay out to hospitals; it has to be tied to an actual patient and that's audited info
The morgue is the same way. You can't make a dead person disappear, legally. But it won't stop them from trying

However, it seems the "DCD" name is already taken...
thx for the heads up cleve - man

• Like 1

5 hours ago, N4L said:

Perfect time to become a landlord imo 

Or at least it will be, come winter time if things get as bad as some suggest. It will mean motivated sellers. If you bake in the risk associated with tenant default, and can weather a 2-3 year storm, there is a lot of potential upside 

Real estate is the best way to build long term wealth. 

This man, it is a great time as long as people are smart about it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Murica. 

They are probably gonna keep schools open otherwise gun sales will dip!

There have been some stupid takes in this thread and some downright dumb comments, but this takes the cake. Kidding or not. 

I went to my primary doctor today just for a routine checkup and finally saw the sign I’ve been waiting to see this entire pandemic.

“This is a mask *Picture of a surgical mask* This is not a mask *Picture of a Scarf* followed by: if you do not have a mask, we will happily provide you one. 

If I wasn’t such a dope I would have grabbed a picture. Can’t imagine they are actually doing this at a lot of places but 2 of the 3 doctors in this practice had COVID so it seems as if they are being more cautious than what the standard is. 

1 hour ago, acowboys62 said:

Are there any anti-science/anti maskers in this thread?  I can't recall a person here say that openly. 

I mean, at least statistically there’s bound to be a few.

If they didn’t speak up it’s because they don’t want to be ridiculed/debate people with bigger brains.

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, at least statistically there’s bound to be a few.

If they didn’t speak up it’s because they don’t want to be ridiculed/debate people with bigger brains.

There was a guy who was adamantly anti mask. He's a Titans fan. I'd tag him because he deserves the ridicule but it's against the rules.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, SwAg said:

Alright, I didn’t watch the segment when you said  this because I figured it was the normal crazy ****, but I just saw it, and that was actually the craziest **** I’ve ever seen.

My wife, the teacher just watched this and said "WHAT?!?". I thought it was hilarious. And sad. All in one. 

22 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

There was a guy who was adamantly anti mask. He's a Titans fan. I'd tag him because he deserves the ridicule but it's against the rules.

And I was enjoying conversations with him until the whole mask debacle.