Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

47 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Actually the numbers are remarkably similar.  The difference being H1N1 was an also ran on the news and there was a democrat in the whitehouse.  

this is more of a twice-divorced uncle facebook post than a FF post imo

• Like 8

57 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Actually the numbers are remarkably similar.  The difference being H1N1 was an also ran on the news and there was a democrat in the whitehouse.  

The difference was also competent leadership at the federal level. There should be no way that we have 180K deaths, not to mention almost 6 million people infected in the US right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I'm talking about the differences in the actual diseases. 

6 minutes ago, Xenos said:

The difference was also competent leadership at the federal level. There should be no way that we have 180K deaths, not to mention almost 6 million people infected in the US right now.

I honestly don't understand how anyone can even argue that when looking at basically every other country in the world. There's one outlier, and it's the US. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

In case someone reads this and thinks this may be true, it’s not.  Like, not even remotely true.  The numbers aren’t in any way similar.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Hope you go for the speedy one and it's good news. Sounds like allergies to me but you're right, better safe than sorry. 

The only one offered in my area was the 2-4 day one.

I can feel a fever coming on.  My current temperature is 99.4.

So yikes...

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

How come there hasn't been much talk about Sturgis?

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/coronavirus-officials-link-more-than-100-covid-19-cases-8-states-sturgis-motorcycle-rally/WGTMHEX2SVBBDABRVK3SJQ52IU/

I’m sure we’ll hear more.  Hopefully it’s just the idiots who attended who pay the price, but that’s not really how that works unfortunately....

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

I honestly don't understand how anyone can even argue that when looking at basically every other country in the world. There's one outlier, and it's the US. 

They don’t look at data or have an understanding of what they’re discussing, they parrot what they hear from sketchy sources.

They’re a bunch of people whose last science class was in 10th grade that they barely passed but now they’re the experts and people like Fauci and medical professionals are idiots.

This pandemic has been a masterclass in providing displays of Dunning-Kruger.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I just figured there would be a lot more outrage at the biggest event since the pandemic began

I'm mad about it, but don't really have anything else to say that we haven't said a hundred times before about a hundred other gatherings like this. It's inevitable that as this drags on people will be more and more apathetic about Americans just choosing to live in a reality where COVID isn't a problem. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/coronavirus-officials-link-more-than-100-covid-19-cases-8-states-sturgis-motorcycle-rally/WGTMHEX2SVBBDABRVK3SJQ52IU/

I’m sure we’ll hear more.  Hopefully it’s just the idiots who attended who pay the price, but that’s not really how that works unfortunately....

Obviously it's still early but 120 seems extremely low for how many were there considering there was that wedding around the same time that infected around 50 people. 

Although I imagine the people that went to Sturgis aren't very likely to get tested unless they have to