Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

In Minnesota 70-80% of the people that have died were in long term care facilities.  I don't know what it's like every where else but that seems to be where the problem is.  To bad they couldn't slow the spread a little more there and it probably didn't help putting people out of the hospital right back into the nursing homes. 

6 minutes ago, SwAg said:

To make this even better, the original meme / tweet has now been removed from Twitter for TOS violations against COVID-19 misinformation.

I am shocked.

Except for a certain retweet unfortunately.

32 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

In Minnesota 70-80% of the people that have died were in long term care facilities.  I don't know what it's like every where else but that seems to be where the problem is.  To bad they couldn't slow the spread a little more there and it probably didn't help putting people out of the hospital right back into the nursing homes. 

For the first couple of months, Maryland was close to 60%.  PA was well over 70% and the entire east coast was at 50%, at least according to the numbers I saw and remember.  It was absurdly high regardless.  Maryland was even using ALF's to house Covid patients and locked everyone in them.  I know I discussed this way back when in this thread.  

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

Was it misinformation or just misleading information?

The data was presented in a misleading fashion, accompanied with demonstrably false claims (contrary to the cited data) that elevate it to misinformation.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Stick with the personal precautions especially if you're a senior citizen but it's time to remove the restrictions on bars, restaurants, small business and let people in every state go back to work.

No to bars, nightclubs, or any large social gatherings that are indoors and involve alcohol. It’s unfortunate but they are causing too much of problems for other businesses.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/08/18/902328016/how-bars-are-fueling-covid-19-outbreaks

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 2

Honestly my area has been living pretty normally since June other than some mask wearing and the only people that I know that this has affected have been affected by the response to it and not the virus itself.  That's why it's easy to listen to things saying that it's overblown. 

Maybe my area is just lucky and we are pretty there isn't a ton of people,  but that's why i think all of these talks of federal regulations are crazy.  This is a big country and the circumstances are far different around the country. 

That's all.  Hate away

8 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

In Minnesota 70-80% of the people that have died were in long term care facilities.  I don't know what it's like every where else but that seems to be where the problem is. 

This is everywhere, they’re the most vulnerable population.

8 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

To bad they couldn't slow the spread a little more there and it probably didn't help putting people out of the hospital right back into the nursing homes. 

Where else are they supposed to go?