Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

16 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Or, put another way, they aren't even trying to be proactive and contact trace. 

I get liability concerns and HIPAA, but that's just asking for a breakout.

I am no lawyer, but I imagine they are still liable if there is a breakout as a semi-private institution. 

While we aren't revealing students' names who test positive, they are mandatory quarantined, as are students who have come into direct contact with (contact tracing), as well as our football players.

So, for example, this past week, we had a student at the HS test positive, and him/her and the other 6 who came into direct contact were quarantined.

We also had a positive test on our football team, and he and the 3 players who came into direct contact with him were quarantined. 

We also played a team who had a positive case. The 7 players who came into direct contact with that player were quarantined.

So yeah...I'm not sure what's going on there.

Edited by MWil23

Just now, MWil23 said:

While we aren't revealing students' names who test positive, they are mandatory quarantined, as are students who have come into direct contact with (contact tracing), as well as our football players.

So, for example, this past week, we had a student at the HS test positive, and him/her and the other 6 who came into direct contact were quarantined.

We also had a positive test on our football team, and he and the 3 players who came into direct contact with him were quarantined. 

We also played a team who had a positive case. The 7 players who came into direct contact with that player were quarantined.

So yeah...I'm not sure what's going on there.

@Deadpulse

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

This is the thing that terrifies my sister. It's great your administration is doing that, but she will get that email about being out for 10 days about a student who was in class the day before with 5-15 other students in just her class. All those kids were back that day. 

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:
UK is locking back down. Cases back up to April and May numbers.

Daily cases
4,926arrow-up.svg
+1821  vs last week

That is troubling because it is another example of how the performance of the UKNHS has not been up to historical standards.  This has been going on for months now and probably started when government discouraged masks.  https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/27/protect-coronavirus-dont-wear-face-masks-12312127/ Add that to the botching of the data as explained in that grabber daily mail article and the UK could be in for a long deadly winter.

Drug isn't available in the US. People not complete morons like me, how do we get that here if this proves successful?

https://www.fujifilm.com/jp/en/news/hq/5451

Anti-influenza drug Avigan® Tablet Meets Primary Endpoint in Phase III Clinical Trial in Japan for COVID-19 patients

EDIT: To add, Japan has had an extremely low mortality rate IIRC. I wonder if this has anything to do w/ it....

EDIT EDIT: Speaking of low mortality rates.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.09.21.20198796v1

WTF does Japan know that we don't?

Conclusions and Relevance

COVID-19 infection may have spread widely across the general population of Tokyo despite the very low fatality rate. Given the temporal correlation between the rise in seropositivity and the decrease in reported COVID-19 cases that occurred without a shut-down, herd immunity may be implicated. Sequential testing for serological response against COVID-19 is useful for understanding the dynamics of COVID-19 infection at the population-level.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

That is troubling because it is another example of how the performance of the UKNHS has not been up to historical standards.  This has been going on for months now and probably started when government discouraged masks.  https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/27/protect-coronavirus-dont-wear-face-masks-12312127/ Add that to the botching of the data as explained in that grabber daily mail article and the UK could be in for a long deadly winter.

You truly believe that article conveyed something meaningful, don’t you?

• Like 3

23 hours ago, pwny said:

fake

/fāk/

not genuine

You stating that the article is about reporting that violates WHO standards would surely mean that the results are being claimed to have non-genuine used of COVID on the death certificate. Otherwise, in what way are the standards [which I've already shown you aren't standards] being violated? Please be precise.

And in the world's least surprising news, he ducked this question again.

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

People not complete morons like me, how do we get that here if this proves successful?

The company has to apply and send the FDA their data. Depending on the specifics of the studies they've done, they may need to repeat some work. International pharma regulations are complicated and case-specific so it's tough to elaborate a whole lot.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The company has to apply and send the FDA their data. Depending on the specifics of the studies they've done, they may need to repeat some work. International pharma regulations are complicated and case-specific so it's tough to elaborate a whole lot.

Also, the spoiler version: we don’t get it.  The U.S. has outrageous protectionist policies for the pharmaceutical industry from when we had a council of a dozen pharmaceutical executives write pharmaceutical legislation that we just passed for some reason in the early 2000s.

Just now, SwAg said:

Also, the spoiler version: we don’t get it.  The U.S. has outrageous protectionist policies for the pharmaceutical industry from when we had a council of a dozen pharmaceutical executives write pharmaceutical legislation that we just passed for some reason in the early 2000s.

I mean companies develop drugs with specific regulatory requirements they want to pass anyway, so it's not like this is a US-only thing.