Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

4 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

Should add in obesity rates too, but for some reason that is taboo to speak on in this country. 

36% to 4%. That still isnt enough of a difference to make those number even remotely close. SK still vastly outperforms in outbreak prevention even if you take that extra high risk population into a count to try and give the US a bit of a pass. 

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

36% to 4%. That still isnt enough of a difference to make those number even remotely close. SK still vastly outperforms in outbreak prevention even if you take that extra high risk population into a count to try and give the US a bit of a pass. 

Didn't say it would completely close the gap, we have what like 50k% more deaths? But it 100% is a factor.  Trying to compare one of the healthier nations that already had a widely adopted mask friendly outlook to an extremely unhealthy nation who has a majority of the population believing masks are the devils toys is like comparing a Ferrari vs a F150.

10 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

Depends on what type of Kool-Aid those in-laws drink 😎

I read this and immediately thought of Jim Jones...

seriously though, my in-laws are great.  I honestly like them all, they’re totally normal, fun people.  I realize that’s not usually the case.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

Didn't say it would completely close the gap, we have what like 50k% more deaths? But it 100% is a factor.  Trying to compare one of the healthier nations that already had a widely adopted mask friendly outlook to an extremely unhealthy nation who has a majority of the population believing masks are the devils toys is like comparing a Ferrari vs a F150.

People's moronic prejudices against masks should not be an excuse for not keeping up with other 1st world nations. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I feel like he just gave every married person in California a holiday without in-laws.

Brilliant.

wait.... theres people who dont like their significant others/spouses family. that must suck.

anyway, newsom is kinda hilarious. this really steps over a line, but most people wont pay attention to it so no harm, no foul i guess?

18 hours ago, NateDawg said:

https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus-california-gavin-newsom-new-rules-gatherings-thanksgiving-1541402

Without this being political towards the Governor, thoughts on this?  Not minimizing the severity of Corona, but man.  Just seems extreme, and no way would I follow this if I lived in Cali on Thanksgiving.  Reasonable restrictions for preventing spread?

I think this was a pragmatic move. If this declaration changes plans for even a small percentage of people, that's a win. For a lot of families, the only time they see older and out of town relatives is at the holidays, which is the perfect way to start spreading again.

So you can't enforce it - I don't think that's a big deal at all. As long as they continue to hammer home safety policy and advise people on how to make sure they aren't spreading covid, that's a good thing.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 4:26 PM, JDBrocks said:

So you are saying "I think this is true, so all of those numbers and scientists and doctors are wrong" - is that it?

didnt the who come out fairly recently and say lockdowns werent meant to be long term. what are you saying, the op certainly wasnt clear but i want to get your opinion clear before we move forward.

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I’m envisioning a happy medium that involves common sense. I realize I’m asking too much of career politicians.

Wouldn't that be nice? Public service somehow turned into decade long careers. 

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You’re not wrong, but common sense only works when it’s applied by everyone.

If a significant portion of the population is peeing in the community pool, it throws a wrench into the works.

But its my right to pee in the pool! 

Serious question for people moving forward, once we are through this, what habits will you have changed for good after dealing with COVID? 

Personally I will be: 

- More conscious of washing/sanitizing my hands before I eat if I am out.  Something I probably never thought of when going out to get food pre-COVID.  Obviously post bathroom wash my hands, but just walking into a restaurant, touching car door handles, door knobs, glasses, menus, etc. and then eating...going to be more cognizant of that. 

- Shopping local, always been a big Costco/Amazon person, moving forward I am going to do what I can to support more smaller local businesses where my dollar matters a lot more. 

- Masks...I hate them, but once work is back in an office setting and I need to be in NYC again, I 100% will be wearing a masks on any public transportation I need to use.