Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

10 hours ago, Deadpulse said:
13 hours ago, Forge said:

Olive Garden. 

Did you know breadsticks arent even free there anymore?

#thanks2020

Is this true? I mean, I can get mediocre Italian food anywhere. I’m going to make it my life’s mission to put them out of business.

What’s next? No complimentary chips and salsa at chain Mexican restaurants?

Freebies are the only reason I’d support mediocre corporate food business.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Since when is Maryland classified as a south state?

BarrenDisfiguredEsok-small.gif

Maryland was half and half and kinda sat out the Civil War - which is typically what dictates north from south states

Although it was a slaveholding state, Maryland did not secede. The majority of the population living north and west of Baltimore held loyalties to the Union, while most citizens living on larger farms in the southern and eastern areas of the state were sympathetic to the Confederacy.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Maryland was half and half and kinda sat out the Civil War - which is typically what dictates north from south states

I mean, he had the pro-South mayor of Baltimore arrested at one point, and installed martial law in Maryland twice to avoid votes to secede from the Union.  So he did everything to avoid Maryland seceding.  However, outside of this, I am not sure of an instance where people consider Maryland "south".  At least me, being from Maryland, don't consider us a "south" state.  I go further down before making that distinction. 

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I mean, he had the pro-South mayor of Baltimore arrested at one point, and installed martial law in Maryland twice to avoid votes to secede from the Union.  So he did everything to avoid Maryland seceding.  However, outside of this, I am not sure of an instance where people consider Maryland "south".  At least me, being from Maryland, don't consider us a "south" state.  I go further down before making that distinction. 

I would say you are not wrong to see it that way. However, I also wouldn't fault someone from my area in Boston to think the opposite. 

https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus-california-gavin-newsom-new-rules-gatherings-thanksgiving-1541402

Without this being political towards the Governor, thoughts on this?  Not minimizing the severity of Corona, but man.  Just seems extreme, and no way would I follow this if I lived in Cali on Thanksgiving.  Reasonable restrictions for preventing spread?

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus-california-gavin-newsom-new-rules-gatherings-thanksgiving-1541402

Without this being political towards the Governor, thoughts on this?  Not minimizing the severity of Corona, but man.  Just seems extreme, and no way would I follow this if I lived in Cali on Thanksgiving.  Reasonable restrictions for preventing spread?

I think it is a bit overboard.  However, I also realize that it's a super busy day for restaurants because many families don't cook on Thanksgiving and prefer to go out, and for many people, that may not be an option this year.......either due to their own reservations about going out, or limited options at restaurants due to social distancing requirements.  So there is a need to address gatherings and what is safe and what is not.  

My question is.......who is going to enforce those requirements? 

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

My question is.......who is going to enforce those requirements? 

I can't see anyone enforcing it.  Maybe he knows it won't be enforced and this is his strong way of just emphasizing caution?  I'm not sure, but I can't see this working for people on Thanksgiving Day except for those that are already comparatively extremely cautious and would already be in that type of boat. 

South Korea compared to the US...

South Korea
Population: ~55 Million
Pop. Density: ~1300 people per square mile
Covid deaths: 457
Covid deaths/person: 1 death per ~120,000 people

United States
Population: ~331 Million
Pop. Density: ~94 people per square mile
Covid deaths: ~225,000
Covid deaths/person: 1 death per ~1500 people

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I understand why, however I imagine most people having thanksgiving together were probably already seeing each other on a weekly basis. I told my parents I am not coming for thankgiving if our family from Florida comes up. If we as a country have to cancel thanksgiving for a year to help save lives, well, where do I sign? No ones life is worth me spending 1 day with people I have known my whole life just to eat a lot of food, sorry but it isnt. 

• Like 2