Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

4 hours ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

This may interest some here. I post those daily on another site, it's more accurate to compare the daily deaths per million inhabitants than the absolute totals ignoring the size of each country. I also use the 7-day moving average to avoid the usual discrepancies on weekends and so on.

pPc8Jrm.jpg

So in this case Argentina is at a pace of 8 deaths per million inhabitants per day, leading the world.

* Those are the top25 countries in Deaths/ Million excluding the smaller European states.

* Commas are the decimal mark in the international system instead of dots I tried to change it but excel wont let me since it's a formula.

Is this foreign MoL? I am all in. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

Thank you, I don't understand what is so hard about the question.  Can't say we have agreed on everything in this thread, but here, we agree 100%.I think the bolded part is huge, so much of these things start with the mental aspect IMO.  If you don't want to get better, you won't. Thank you for recognizing that all of these preventable deaths matter.  Understanding the focus currently is on the pandemic, but I really hope the same people who make the claim "one death is too many" carry that same energy from now until forever with regards to all preventable deaths. Change can happen across the board once we are on the other side of this and start building a healthier future. 

As an industry, there really isn't doubt about this in health care. Pretty much every front line medical professional has taken an oath affirming they do. The access to care barriers in the US are virtually all financial: no one is getting denied healthcare because of they made bad personal choices, up to and including people who commit crimes and get hurt as a direct result of those crimes. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

As an industry, there really isn't doubt about this in health care. Pretty much every front line medical professional has taken an oath affirming they do. The access to care barriers in the US are virtually all financial: no one is getting denied healthcare because of they made bad personal choices, up to and including people who commit crimes and get hurt as a direct result of those crimes. 

I spent 5 years working in a burn unit.

Long story short, 80-90% of significant burns are either because someone was drunk and doing something stupid or something illegal (cooking meth).  Still had access to top shelf care.

Took care of inmates too.

Too many alcoholics and drug addicts to count.

None of that mattered then, it doesn’t matter now, won’t matter in the future.  My job isn’t to judge your life choices, it’s to to get you well.  

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I spent 5 years working in a burn unit.

Long story short, 80-90% of significant burns are either because someone was drunk and doing something stupid or something illegal (cooking meth).  Still had access to top shelf care.

Took care of inmates too.

Too many alcoholics and drug addicts to count.

None of that mattered then, it doesn’t matter now, won’t matter in the future.  My job isn’t to judge your life choices, it’s to to get you well.  

Reminds me of the Doctor Cox speech from Scrubs