Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

youre in favor of only lean proteins, fruits and vegetables being available as food sources? all speed limits shoild be under 20 mph as well, ome mile per hour over is a significail jail sentence (say 5 years) to act as a deterent? that woukd solve very possibly over half a million lives yearly.

OMG

I am so so sorry

I didn't realize I who I was talking to.

I really apologize, I was raised better than this. 

I shouldn't talk down. My apologies. To think, I work in an industry where I come across disabilities like this every day. My god how embarrassing that I didn't pick up on this sooner. 

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Of course DURING the thing there will be casualties. I am not blind. However, the idea is to actually get to that point where we don't have anyone suffering from COVID-19. New  Zealand got there through the standard WHO recommendations to a severe degree. It is possible, we just have to actually do it. The US never will though, if this stream of posts is any indication. 

New Zealand is an island nation with fewer citizens than Atlanta. This strategy would not work on a large scale in the US, Europe, let alone the third world. And until this is eradicated everywhere it is eradicated nowhere. This will not be over until there is a highly effective vaccine deployed around the world, which wont be for a number of years. 

Ask Europe how smugness about "crush the curve" is working for them.

2 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Yes but sometimes seatbelts don't work and people die in car accidents! Those deaths are preventable! We should ban cars! 

Lets not think about the cost of banning cars, the number of people who would die because they couldn't get to a hospital because there are no ambulances or the death rate from other forms of transportation, or the economic impact of banning cars (because 1 death >>>> important than any economics, Mr. Scrooge). 

Lets just be overly simplistic and emotional and say cars cause preventable deaths, and we don't want anyone to suffer, therefore any extreme reaction to deaths from cars is justified.

Dude... I was not making an apples to apples comparison. Ya'll tripping if you think this. It's called an anecdotal comment. Oh wait, let me define that for you, you probably need me too:

an·ec·do·tal

/ˌanəkˈdōdl/

adjective

(of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

OMG

I am so so sorry

I didn't realize I who I was talking to.

I really apologize, I was raised better than this. 

I shouldn't talk down. My apologies. To think, I work in an industry where I come across disabilities like this every day. My god how embarrassing that I didn't pick up on this sooner. 

im confused. did i ask confusing questions? you dont want any deaths ever and will do anything to achieve that. its seems like youre avoiding having to answer to that, or am i wrong and youre in favor of some form of what i propsed?

Edited by GSUeagles14

2 minutes ago, mission27 said:

New Zealand is an island nation with fewer citizens than Atlanta. This strategy would not work on a large scale in the US, Europe, let alone the third world. And until this is eradicated everywhere it is eradicated nowhere. This will not be over until there is a highly effective vaccine deployed around the world, which wont be for a number of years. 

Ask Europe how smugness about "crush the curve" is working for them.

So you are against keeping the numbers as low as possible, both cases and deaths, in the meantime. Got it. Someone write it down for me, I have lost my pen. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Dude... I was not making an apples to apples comparison. Ya'll tripping if you think this. It's called an anecdotal comment. Oh wait, let me define that for you, you probably need me too:

an·ec·do·tal

/ˌanəkˈdōdl/

adjective

(of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.

Yeah. And I'm disagreeing with your overly simplistic argument re: COVID-19 that... if I understand you correctly... we shouldn't focus on the number of deaths or who is dying because one preventable death is too many and counting deaths is cold hearted or whatever.

Of course any one death is a tragedy. But you can't make sensible public policy decisions without weighing the cost benefit and the number of deaths and age of those dying 100% matters in that cost benefit analysis, just like it does when we talk about how to respond to things like car accidents and alcoholism and cigarettes.  

6 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Yes but sometimes seatbelts don't work and people die in car accidents! Those deaths are preventable! We should ban cars! 

Lets not think about the cost of banning cars, the number of people who would die because they couldn't get to a hospital because there are no ambulances or the death rate from other forms of transportation, or the economic impact of banning cars (because 1 death >>>> important than any economics, Mr. Scrooge). 

Lets just be overly simplistic and emotional and say cars cause preventable deaths, and we don't want anyone to suffer, therefore any extreme reaction to deaths from cars is justified.

lol. this is equally "simplistic and emotional" if not more so, just coming from the opposite direction.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

its almsot like i said in that exact post dozens or maybe even hundrends or thousands of other examples. did you not read the whole thing? 

@GSUeagles14  maybe you should pull the post you are referring to, I am not seeing anything that supports what you are stating you posted.  

Thanks