Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

6 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

This is so asinine I dont even know where to start. Literally, im laughing. swear to god. 

Im done outside of this one question. DO you only care about covid deaths, or are you taking this same energy to every other disease/sickness there is? No deaths ever is the goal, right?

you seem to. Long term effects are MUCH more common and can be incredibly detrimental. Imagine the quality of life because your lungs were so damaged while fighting COVID-19 that you are on a ventilator the rest of your life? I work in home care and my office manages over a 100 patients whose life is just lying there having a machine breathe for you. It doesn't fit into your fantastic death rate news, but if you come at me and tell me we shouldnt worry about increased cases because the death rate is lower you are not seeing the whole picture. 

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i'm gonna need you to rub your two little brain cells together real hard and ask yourself why people's concern might be disproportionately allocated toward covid right now

im gonna need you to be smart before you insult people. covid has lasted 8 months or so, i feel like i can look back on a longer history than that and see what weve done for other disease/sickness but not maybe im wrong. dont think im am though. but when covids gone, man, those other problems are in trouble.

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

you seem to. Long term effects are MUCH more common and can be incredibly detrimental. Imagine the quality of life because your lungs were so damaged while fighting COVID-19 that you are on a ventilator the rest of your life? I work in home care and my office manages over a 100 patients whose life is just lying there having a machine breathe for you. It doesn't fit into your fantastic death rate news, but if you come at me and tell me we shouldnt worry about increased cases because the death rate is lower you are not seeing the whole picture. 

thats really cool ancedotal information. why is that worse than having colon cancer and having to clean your poop bag? or dozens (if not hundrends or thousands) of other examples?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

thats really cool ancedotal information. why is that worse than having colon cancer and having to clean your poop bag? or dozens (if not hundrends or thousands) of other examples?

1 being a contagious disease vs the other not being contagious might matter some

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Because you cannot spread colon cancer to me? Same thing with heart disease. It sucks that someone has it and can die from it. But you cannot create an outbreak with it. Ironically, controlling the spread also simultaneously helps the people who have these two diseases. Or any other underlying health conditions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

Because you cannot spread colon cancer to me? Same thing with heart disease. It sucks that someone has it and can die from it. But you cannot create an outbreak with it. Ironically, controlling the spread also simultaneously helps the people who have these two diseases. Or any other underlying health conditions.

see what i just posted, sub in any contageous disease/sickness althouhh its good to know how you guys feel about people with noncontageous sicknesses. i mean f'em, am i right?

theres way to curtail heart disease. not contageous though so dont care.

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

you cant be serious with this man. sub in a contagious disease instead of colon cancer. are you happy now?

what is the comparable disease you are suggesting that has overrun the health care system?

That has caused a limited supply in disinfecting products?  Personal protective equipment?  Shortages of health care workers to actually provide the care for those that are becoming infected and seeking care?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Is this happening to people who aren't elderly? 

**** the elderly, i guess. **** my friend's grandparents, both dead. **** my co-worker's dad, dead. **** my own dad, 65 years old and working in person in indiana where everything's open and cases are blowing up.