Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

44 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Eventually you'll be faced with the decision - but as I mentioned earlier there will be tens of thousands of healthcare workers who get it before you do, so you'll have additional data to make your informed decision.

In addition to the tens of thousands of people who have already gotten the vaccine so far, with no serious adverse events noted.

If the 1% death rate of COVID-19 doesn't scare you, then this vaccine certainly shouldn't either.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, acowboys62 said:

The answer is simple, laziness, the change/execution is extremely difficult. It is easy and not more expensive to eat healthy. 

Laziness was kinda the start, but I have to be honest......once I reached a certain point, health factors took over, mainly horrible sleep apnea which made it hard to even function, much less exercise.  

I took seven weeks off work during the pandemic, and without those seven weeks, I'm not sure I would have been able to do it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acowboys62 said:

A Governor telling people how to spend their holiday needs to be done? 

Given the circumstances that we’re in, absolutely! Unless you’re in the wrong thread. We are talking about a pandemic here that more easily spreads the more people there are, especially indoors. And given that it’s flu season as well....

Edited by Xenos

On 10/26/2020 at 2:32 PM, JDBrocks said:

I think this was a pragmatic move. If this declaration changes plans for even a small percentage of people, that's a win. For a lot of families, the only time they see older and out of town relatives is at the holidays, which is the perfect way to start spreading again.

So you can't enforce it - I don't think that's a big deal at all. As long as they continue to hammer home safety policy and advise people on how to make sure they aren't spreading covid, that's a good thing.

Thank you for pointing out the obvious.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2020 at 4:16 PM, acowboys62 said:

Serious question for people moving forward, once we are through this, what habits will you have changed for good after dealing with COVID? 

Personally I will be: 

- More conscious of washing/sanitizing my hands before I eat if I am out.  Something I probably never thought of when going out to get food pre-COVID.  Obviously post bathroom wash my hands, but just walking into a restaurant, touching car door handles, door knobs, glasses, menus, etc. and then eating...going to be more cognizant of that. 

- Shopping local, always been a big Costco/Amazon person, moving forward I am going to do what I can to support more smaller local businesses where my dollar matters a lot more. 

- Masks...I hate them, but once work is back in an office setting and I need to be in NYC again, I 100% will be wearing a masks on any public transportation I need to use.

Some of these, like the sanitation, is what I already practice. But assuming that we get a viable vaccine and we build normal immunity to this thing, I will forgo the masks unless the doctors and scientists tell us to keep wearing them. We do need a certain amount of “normal” germs in our body so that we don’t weaken against the common cold.

1 hour ago, acowboys62 said:

A Governor telling people how to spend their holiday needs to be done? 

Also what’s the difference between Thanksgiving and Easter in the spring when a lot of people had to forgo celebrating the latter?

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

Also what’s the difference between Thanksgiving and Easter in the spring when a lot of people had to forgo celebrating the latter?

quite frankly a lot has changed. The virus itself may have mutated/changed. But what we though it was in april/may is not what it is in october/soon to be November. Has your understanding of the virus really not changed? 

5 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

quite frankly a lot has changed. The virus itself may have mutated/changed. But what we though it was in april/may is not what it is in october/soon to be November. Has your understanding of the virus really not changed? 

a lot has changed indeed. We are setting record highs on daily infectious rates throughout the country... If anything, we should be MORE vigilant than in April/May

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

a lot has changed indeed. We are setting record highs on daily infectious rates throughout the country... If anything, we should be MORE vigilant than in April/May

one could say the death rate has dropped dramatically. But why include positive news. Seriously why wouldn't you include that?

Edited by GSUeagles14
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

obe could say the death rate has dropped dramatically. But why include positive news. Seriously why wouldn't you include that?

Simple math really. If we continue to see record number of cases, the death rate is negligible. If we have more cases than ever than the same amount of people die despite a lower death rate. Besides, the goal is to prevent cases/spread so that there is NO death. Sure, its good that less people are dying by case, but people are still dying and they shouldnt be. Don't comfort yourself with the idea that less people are dying, because people are still dying. 

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Simple math really. If we continue to see record number of cases, the death rate is negligible. If we have more cases than ever than the same amount of people die despite a lower death rate. Besides, the goal is to prevent cases/spread so that there is NO death. Sure, its good that less people are dying by case, but people are still dying and they shouldnt be. Don't comfort yourself with the idea that less people are dying, because people are still dying. 

This is so asinine I dont even know where to start. Literally, im laughing. swear to god. 

Im done outside of this one question. DO you only care about covid deaths, or are you taking this same energy to every other disease/sickness there is? No deaths ever is the goal, right?

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

This is so asinine I dont even know where to start. Literally, im laughing. swear to god. 

Im done outside of this one question. DO you only care about covid deaths, or are you taking this same energy to every other disease/sickness there is? No deaths ever is the goal, right?

i'm gonna need you to rub your two little brain cells together real hard and ask yourself why people's concern might be disproportionately allocated toward covid right now

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

The goal is to minimize preventable deaths especially a novel virus that is infectious and can overwhelm our health system. So even if Covid isn’t directly responsible for the deaths, a person can die from other problems because there’s no room for him or her at a hospital.