Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

see what i just posted, sub in any contageous disease/sickness althouhh its good to know how you guys feel about people with noncontageous sicknesses. i mean f'em, am i right?

theres way to curtail heart disease. not contageous though so dont care.

Did you actually read what I wrote? I never said f’em them. In fact, my post specifically mentioned why controlling Covid is so important for people with underlying issues like cancer or heart disease. You wanted to know the difference, and I provided an example of why Covid has to take priority right now. Maybe you need to stop moving the goal post.

Edited by Xenos

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

your the one that went from colon cancer to substitute some other infectious disease.   I think that is the exact definition of move the goal posts

its almsot like i said in that exact post dozens or maybe even hundrends or thousands of other examples. did you not read the whole thing? 

Just now, Xenos said:

Hey I think we’re doing well all things considering. Heated debates is normal for football forums 😂.

Oh no, this is actually tame compared to the football in 2047 thread in Gen. I'm actually here to get my mind OFF of football.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

its almsot like i said in that exact post dozens or maybe even hundrends or thousands of other examples. did you not read the whole thing? 

You should probably provide the quotes where you stated "dozens or maybe even hundrends or thousands of other examples"....because most of what you post is not worth reading if you care for my honest assessment on this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

I would love for nobody to be suffering. How do we accomplish that? What is your solution to prevent all 7 billion people on the planet from suffering due to COVID?

That's not a remotely realistic scenario right now. So yes, the number of people who will suffer and die from COVID (and their age and quality/years of life remaining) do matter in the meantime in devising a public health response. 

And there is a big difference between 3% of young adults requiring some form of ongoing care in a post-acute treatment facility and literally having a tube stuck down their lungs for the remaining 50 years or whatever of their lives. I'm not saying there are no examples of that, but if there are, its an incredibly rare outcome... much more rare than death... or it would all over the news.

Of course DURING the thing there will be casualties. I am not blind. However, the idea is to actually get to that point where we don't have anyone suffering from COVID-19. New  Zealand got there through the standard WHO recommendations to a severe degree. It is possible, we just have to actually do it. The US never will though, if this stream of posts is any indication. 

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Oh no, this is actually tame compared to the football in 2047 thread in Gen. I'm actually here to get my mind OFF of football.

But seriously, should I keep Frank Gore for the year 2047?   I need to know this

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

you keep missing the idea that these are preventable. You don't wear your seatbelt in the car I imagine cuz, you know, YOLO. 

youre in favor of only lean proteins, fruits and vegetables being available as food sources? all speed limits shoild be under 20 mph as well, ome mile per hour over is a significail jail sentence (say 5 years) to act as a deterent? that woukd solve very possibly over half a million lives yearly.

6 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

you keep missing the idea that these are preventable. You don't wear your seatbelt in the car I imagine cuz, you know, YOLO. 

Yes but sometimes seatbelts don't work and people die in car accidents! Those deaths are preventable! We should ban cars! 

Lets not think about the cost of banning cars, the number of people who would die because they couldn't get to a hospital because there are no ambulances or the death rate from other forms of transportation, or the economic impact of banning cars (because 1 death >>>> important than any economics, Mr. Scrooge). 

Lets just be overly simplistic and emotional and say cars cause preventable deaths, and we don't want anyone to suffer, therefore any extreme reaction to deaths from cars is justified.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

But seriously, should I keep Frank Gore for the year 2047?   I need to know this

I'd say give him FLEX consideration. His grandson should be an All Pro LB by then, and he couldn't hit Pop Pop too hard...

36 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

thats really cool ancedotal information. why is that worse than having colon cancer and having to clean your poop bag? or dozens (if not hundrends or thousands) of other examples?

@squire12 oops? man, people really stop with the insults if tbey cant read two sentences.