Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Ugh, just found out my brothers step kids will be home e-learning for another week because the school district has too many teachers in quarantine to operate... Means very little sleep for me again next week (I work midnights and they are extremely loud during the day)

Edited by rob_shadows

23 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Ugh, just found out my brothers step kids will be home e-learning for another week because the school district has too many teachers in quarantine to operate... Means very little sleep for me again next week (I work midnights and they are extremely loud during the day)

lol wut, should it had even gotten that far?

30 minutes ago, TVScout said:

For the MoL (if it is still being utilized}

Screen-Shot-2020-10-27-at-11.36.40-AM-e1

I will still always hate comparisons of any nature.  Ok good great grand, we are the least sucky? I get the idea of looking at it big picture to see the global impact, but the country (and its people) needs to hold itself to a better standard than "well, we suck less the others".

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pwny said:

A hundred thousand cases in one day. Just unreal. 

What's really worrying is this time around it seems the entire country is effected. Last time it was mostly NY/Mid-Atlantic, but seeing the map now it seems every corner of the country seems to be hit. Not only that but we're going into Halloween, Election, Thanksgiving, Christmas holiday time too (not to mention winter and flu season).

Fauci was spot on again too.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

What's really worrying is this time around it seems the entire country is effected. Last time it was mostly NY/Mid-Atlantic, but seeing the map now it seems every corner of the country seems to be hit. Not only that but we're going into Halloween, Election, Thanksgiving, Christmas holiday time too (not to mention winter and flu season).

Fauci was spot on again too.

Fauci was right? Surely not....? fake news....

European countries either have or about to enter another full short lockdown now. Ffs. 

55 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Fauci was right? Surely not....? fake news....

European countries either have or about to enter another full short lockdown now. Ffs. 

You say "short" but the reality is that we really don't know. Here in England/the UK, the current scenario is outstripping some of the worst case hypothetical models that were run.

18 minutes ago, howie102 said:

You say "short" but the reality is that we really don't know. Here in England/the UK, the current scenario is outstripping some of the worst case hypothetical models that were run.

Yeah, because the government is completely incompetent and no one knows what to do. It was only a month or so ago they were telling the population to 'eat out to help out', now it's approaching another full lockdown. I don't trust them to do the right thing at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah, because the government is completely incompetent and no one knows what to do. It was only a month or so ago they were telling the population to 'eat out to help out', now it's approaching another full lockdown. I don't trust them to do the right thing at all.

The thing is, people do know. 

Japan’s population density is nearly 10x that of the US.  They use public transport and such much more frequently than we do as well, where people are herded into confined areas.

They too just hit 100k cases. The difference is that number is from the start of the pandemic until now, not one single day like us.

They have a more difficult task and are doing an exponentially better job.

There’s no secrets or magic formula, it’s just wear a mask and don’t be a moron. That’s pretty much it.  And we’re failing. 

No one needs to reinvent the wheel or throw their hands up and wonder “but what do we do now?!?”.  The answer is know and had been known for months.  All they have to do is implement it.

But they won’t.

• Like 6