Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

5 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

But how do you expect to get everyone to wear one?

How do expect everyone to wear seatbelts in a car? Same process. History repeats itself especially when it comes to Americans fighting silly things.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

You want to make it a law?

How do you enforce that on children?

Children at a certain age can wear masks. You see it for the ones that have to go to school. Obviously you’re not going to have a baby wear one. But they’re not the problem.

30 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Fauci believes that taking off your mask at a baseball game while sitting next to two people is ok despite what he says behind a camera. Appears he was also downplaying the virus as were many politicians when they thought the camera was off.

If elected leaders dont want to follow their imposed rules then why should we? 

You mean the picture of Fauci pulling down his mask to drink water in an outdoor setting while with his family? Yeah, I’m sure that the same as downplaying the seriousness of the virus like what Hodkinson.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TENINCH said:

If he's a medic I'm sure he gets schooled on it daily. His mask broke. It happens. They are made cheaply in some Chinese warehouse. I've had 4 or 5 break. He did the next best thing with his shirt and probably stayed 6 feet away.

I've seen commentary from other experts on pathology and virology and they said masks are worthless. We've been wearing them for months. We all wear them in Florida. The numbers keep going up so why should people trust masks and believe they are working?

How do we fix the suicides, depression, domestic abuse, small business closings, and kids not seeing their friends and being forced to stay inside? 

The masks aren't going to fix anything. Everyone is going to get the virus. 

I'm not talking about the mask. In general, he and many others just refuse to read information thats spoon fed to them. They just double down on prior beliefs. Feel free to post links to credited studies that show masks are worthless, would LOVE to read them. 

The second part of your post is pure stupidity. A lot of people still dont wear masks and a BIG source of infection is family/friend gatherings, where people get to comfortable and don't wear masks. Thanksgiving just happened, people had Thanksgiving. At Thanksgiving I'm sure a vast majority of people ate together at the tables, without masks. My Uncle just went on a hunting trip with 5 of his buddies, they all ended up with COVID because when you're with people you know you get a false sense of security. 

I would love to see us improve mental health resources in this country as well as offer REAL relief to small businesses. You do know you can do those things AND take the correct steps to preventing a pandemic, right? It isn't one or the other? I work in a High School, we're still open and have had very few cases...because we wear masks all day and social distance. What a crazy thing. None of the positive cases have been because of school. In fact, all 4 of them have been because of family members at home.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I wear mine inside of every business I go into. Virus shuts off once I sit down at a restaurant though... it's really weird.

I've worn far worse over my face than a little blue mask. (Radiation mask, Chem mask, and the one that goes over your face during an mri) As long as businesses stay open I will wear the masks for consideration of other people and their business. 

Hahahahahaha. I can't. So you stand on your pedestal of wanting to save small business and then make this dumb comment about the virus shutting off once you sit down. Do you want small business to survive or not? How else would you like people to eat in these small businesses? A lot of cases are linked to restaurants ironically, its peoples choice to go to them and risk infection but you seem to want everything both ways.

39 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Here is a study by the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons on the effectiveness (or lack thereof) of wearing masks.

https://aapsonline.org/mask-facts/

This is a propaganda website funded by right wing extremists. Their 'reports' and 'articles' have almost universally been debunked by actual science since 1944.

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) is a conservative non-profit association founded in 1944. The group was reported to have about 5,000 members in 2014. The association has promoted a range of scientifically discredited hypotheses, including the belief that HIV does not cause AIDS, that being gay reduces life expectancy, that there is a link between abortion and breast cancer, and that there is a causal relationship between vaccines and autism. It is opposed to the Affordable Care Act and other forms of universal health insurance.

In 1966, The New York Times described AAPS as an "ultra-right-wing... political-economic rather than a medical group," and said some of its leaders were members of the John Birch Society

AAPS opposes mandated evidence-based medicine and practice guidelines, opposes abortion and over-the-counter access to emergency contraception and opposes electronic medical records.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Here is a study by the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons on the effectiveness (or lack thereof) of wearing masks.

https://aapsonline.org/mask-facts/

The group that claimed that mandatory vaccination is equivalent to human experimentation? Or that called doctors who participate in medicare as "evil" and "immoral"? 

This group is essentially the talking head of the former "Tea Party", not exactly the best source.

• Like 3

I can't comprehend how you can find one link and state, well this must be true and 99% of the medical community must be wrong. 

I mean it's not hard to realize these sources are crap. A quick google search discredits them on the first link... and then the next ten. 

People are desperate for the narrative to fit in the box they already made for it. You want to think for yourself? Don't be a sheep lead by idiots and people with obvious agendas. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I can't comprehend how you can find one link and state, well this must be true and 99% of the medical community must be wrong. 

I mean it's not hard to realize these sources are crap. A quick google search discredits them on the first link... and then the next ten. 

People are desperate for the narrative to fit in the box they already made for it. You want to think for yourself? Don't be a sheep lead by idiots and people with obvious agendas. 

Wait a second, you’re telling me that AIDS isn’t a government control bio weapon? What next? The world isn’t really flat?

the simpsons helen GIF

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I guess it depends on what you think Google's motivations are.  The link I provided was a scientific study made by a group of physicians.  I always hear the mantra of "listen to the science."  Then I present some science that doesn't follow your narrative and suddenly my science can't be trusted.  Whatever.  I'm not going there.  We aren't supposed to talk about politics on this site.  I presented a scientific study.  Make of it what you will.

Edited by Uncle Buck

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

I guess it depends on what you think Google's motivations are.  The link I provided was a scientific study made by a group of physicians.  I always hear the mantra of "listen to the science."  Then I present some science that doesn't follow your narrative and suddenly my science can't be trusted.  Whatever.  I'm not going there.  We aren't supposed to talk about politics on this site.  I presented a scientific study.  Make of it what you will.

A scientific study from a CLEARLY biased group of physicians who have posted studies that have been debunked countless times.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Brother you didn't. Forget google man, everything that "group of physicians" (they aren't they are politicians. Their leaders are republican Senators with no medical backgrounds) has been debunked by actual science. I can find 1000 credible scientific and peer reviewed articles that debunk your one. How are you trusting the one? WHY are you trusting the one?

• Like 1

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

A scientific study from a CLEARLY biased group of physicians who have posted studies that have been debunked countless times.

How do you debunk science.  That's the point of doing a scientific study.  What I posted is not someone's opinion.  It is fact, determined by actual study, by people who know the subject.