Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

8 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

The beginning of the end. We have some tough months ahead, but there's a sliver of light at the end of the tunnel. Also, J&J said they're expecting to apply for emergency use in Feb. The US has 100M doses lined up with the option to buy and additional 200M. This vaccine only needs one dose. I haven't heard much news from Oxford. I'm hopeful a vaccine will be widely available by April. *Finger crossed*

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TVScout said:

Did this hospital stage a fake injection?

This is such an odd video. I wonder if the nurse didn't realize the syringe was empty, and didn't want to look foolish, so he played it off? I hope like hell it wasn't a used syringe. Either way, the conspiracy wack-os out there are using this as ammo for their lame a** cause. I'm not sure what they're trying to get at. If this was happening with every healthcare worker that was on video getting vaccinated- their argument would have some merit, but this is such an off the wall occurrence from what we've been seeing in these videos.  

10 hours ago, Xenos said:

Meanwhile, we have local idiots like this selling a book on how it’s normal that ICU capacity is running this high and how masks don’t actually work:

https://www.kusi.com/alex-berenson-explains-why-lockdowns-and-masks-dont-control-spread-of-coronavirus/

F*** this person. I can say first hand that what we are experiencing is NOT normal. Maybe when we're losing 5K a day he'll pause and question is idiotic stance. So tired of people who have never stepped foot on an ICU during this pandemic talk slick sh** like they have any clue of what's going on. Dumbs-dumbs going to dumb-dumb, I suppose. Ignorance is comforting.

Also, I'd like to point to our infectious disease expert at our hospital who claims we have 50% less active cases in our hospital compared to the general public due to strong mask usage. 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

The beginning of the end. We have some tough months ahead, but there's a sliver of light at the end of the tunnel. Also, J&J said they're expecting to apply for emergency use in Feb. The US has 100M doses lined up with the option to buy and additional 200M. This vaccine only needs one dose. I haven't heard much news from Oxford. I'm hopeful a vaccine will be widely available by April. *Finger crossed*

I didn't realize J&J was looking at February. That's excellent news. With the amount of vaccines available from Pfizer and Moderna, we can vaccinate 12% of the population by year's end according to someone on Reddit. That's great! Factor in more doses coming in and more getting approved and we will certainly be good by summer and probably sooner. Very happy about this. 

Edit: Found a few friends on FB who have posted them getting the vaccine and it makes me happy to see it in rural Ohio. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Are people that have had covid in the last 90 days not qualified for the vaccine because it would be counter productive or because they should be immune?

Kind of, basically in MN I know Walz said that people who have had it in the last 90 days should wait until they are outside of that window before getting vaccinated. I don't think they can block someone from doing it because they will need to eventually.

12 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Are people that have had covid in the last 90 days not qualified for the vaccine because it would be counter productive or because they should be immune?

If not, I believe that they should not be able to get it. The debate will go on for how long protection lasts but we know 3 months is seemingly a given and upwards to 6 months. My dad, close to his 70s, got over it fairly quickly and his doctor said he had at least 2 months protection so I'm not sure what to think of that. I've read it lasts longer but maybe in older adults, it protection might wane more quickly. I'm ok w/ front line, grocery store people, elderly getting it first but after that, I feel if you're young and no immune system issues, and if you've recovered from it w/in 90-120 days, you can move to the back of the line (no offense to those that describes in here).

23 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Kind of, basically in MN I know Walz said that people who have had it in the last 90 days should wait until they are outside of that window before getting vaccinated. I don't think they can block someone from doing it because they will need to eventually.

I know they aren't qualified, I'm just curious as to the reason

26 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

If not, I believe that they should not be able to get it. The debate will go on for how long protection lasts but we know 3 months is seemingly a given and upwards to 6 months. My dad, close to his 70s, got over it fairly quickly and his doctor said he had at least 2 months protection so I'm not sure what to think of that. I've read it lasts longer but maybe in older adults, it protection might wane more quickly. I'm ok w/ front line, grocery store people, elderly getting it first but after that, I feel if you're young and no immune system issues, and if you've recovered from it w/in 90-120 days, you can move to the back of the line (no offense to those that describes in here).

I could get it in a couple weeks if I wanted to but my 90 days won't quite be up.  I'd feel guilty getting it even if I was at 120 days tbh