Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

38 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You put a ton of faith in society liking/caring about politicians lol. Maybe California is like that but that's not the case here.

That said, it won't hurt anything but it won't do much IMO. It would be in everyone's best interest if they find people who appeal to the masses more then people in suits. Influencers from all walks of life would go further. Even then, I know my more stubborn friends still wouldn't care. They haven't cared about this at all so they have no reason to start. It would be nice if they did but they won't. I have to believe that my situation isn't isolated either. 

Since the virus has unfortunately devolved into a political problem in this country compared to other places around the world, I was trying to think outside the box. Additionally, CA has as much political issues as any other state in the US, but I rather be here right now than a lot of other places.

Edited by Xenos

7 hours ago, TLO said:

And when those that do know what is going on (who are young, fit, healthy, wealthy, and wise) like the MoL try to share some knowledge, everyone freaks out about our numbers when they’ve proven to be completely accurate time and time again. 

@mission27

Back in March MoL was saying masks, seasonality, and vaccines. If only the world had listened.

• Like 1

If you’ve had this, I would appreciate any advice on dealing with it. I felt 95% yesterday.

Today I feel 85%. My shoulders feel a little stiff. My face feels slightly congested. Starting to develop a mild headache.

Edited by candyman93

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If you’ve had this, I would appreciate any advice on dealing with it. I felt 95% yesterday.

Today I feel 85%. My shoulders feel a little stiff. My face feels slightly congested. Starting to develop a mild headache.

I've had it buddy, hang in there. I lost my entire sense of taste/smell, and was really tired. Sleep, stay hydrated, if you lose your sense of taste smell, take advantage and diet for a week because you won't miss food. If you start feeling difficulty breathing, go to the ER. Those are mild symptoms above that you have as of right now.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I've had it buddy, hang in there. I lost my entire sense of taste/smell, and was really tired. Sleep, stay hydrated, if you lose your sense of taste smell, take advantage and diet for a week because you won't miss food. If you start feeling difficulty breathing, go to the ER. Those are mild symptoms above that you have as of right now.

I’m out of likes, so here a football 

• Like 1

Just now, candyman93 said:

It's not even 10:30 lol. You're a generous man w/ those footballs (unless it's not a daily basis but instead, something else).

Back when I "think" I had it, I just drank this Liquid IV crap my wife had bought prior. You can get it on Amazon. I only had aches and chills and was tired for 4 days but was pretty much back to normal after a week. The rest of the days were just off-on tiredness and nothing more. Keep in mind, I never got tested though so it could've just been something random but I never get sick. Regardless, it's still good stuff to have in your arsenal just in case due to the vitamins and whatnot. 

Hope for the best outcome regardless.

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I finally got mine back about 30 minutes ago. :)

In all seriousness, difficulty breathing/major chest tightness go get checked out. If the symptoms stay mild, just REST AND SLEEP. Drink lots of water and all that.

This is the first Ive heard of either Moderna or Pfizer also reducing the spread:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/moderna-vaccine-appears-protect-against-coronavirus-infection-n1251237

'But there is also evidence that just one dose of Moderna's may stop the virus's spread. A second document published on the FDA website shows asymptomatic infection was reduced by 63 percent after the first shot.'

Really encouraging results.

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

This is the first Ive heard of either Moderna or Pfizer also reducing the spread:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/moderna-vaccine-appears-protect-against-coronavirus-infection-n1251237

'But there is also evidence that just one dose of Moderna's may stop the virus's spread. A second document published on the FDA website shows asymptomatic infection was reduced by 63 percent after the first shot.'

Really encouraging results.

I expect that to go up too. 

10 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Why's that? Because it's only one dose? Id figure two doses may provide better results.

A little of that and a little of a larger sample size once the vaccine reaches more and more people. Transmission is based mostly on viral loads. 

• Like 2