2020 NFL Draft

BZski

5 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

Dt is the right pick, IMO, but man those rbs would look nice.

D’Andre Swift

J.K. Dobbins

Neville Gallimore

A.J. Epenesa 

YGM

Xavier McKinney

Ezra Cleveland 

Josh Jones

Denzel Mims

Michael Pittman Jr. 

Grant Delpit

Marlon Davidson

Jaylon Johnson

Josh Uche

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

D’Andre Swift

J.K. Dobbins

Neville Gallimore

A.J. Epenesa 

YGM

Xavier McKinney

Ezra Cleveland 

Josh Jones

Denzel Mims

Michael Pittman Jr. 

Grant Delpit

Marlon Davidson

Jaylon Johnson

Josh Uche

I’m good with any of these along with Chinn, Dugger, and a few others.  Which is why I’d most like to trade down a few spots and add a third or fourth. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I just... how... why...

How don't you trade down? I need to know what's going on behind the scenes here.

The only explanation can be that Jacksonville's threat to move up to #4 spooked Quinn, and I'm not really buying that either.

I'm about to join the anti-Quinn group.

I'm not here to say I told you so, but I am here to commend you for being able to look at facts or information and make an informed or changed opinion.  If Okudah turns out to be a pro-bowl or all pro CB no one will care and Quinn will look smart.  However i think he did what he always does.  Also I did a zoom draft with some friends and I said watch this be like the chalk draft from a few years ago.  I think teams were afraid to take player because of the offseason but I don't think that relates to QBs.  I definitely think Quinn botched it. 

3 hours ago, Superduperman said:

major fail. like i said before, how many times can you say "it takes two sides to make a trade" before you have to admit it's you?

THANK YOU!  Every year Quinn says he has an offer but wouldn't risk giving up the player he picked.  The crazy part is he's never picked a pro bowl player in the first...

2 hours ago, Millenhater said:

I'm not here to say I told you so, but I am here to commend you for being able to look at facts or information and make an informed or changed opinion.  If Okudah turns out to be a pro-bowl or all pro CB no one will care and Quinn will look smart.  However i think he did what he always does.  Also I did a zoom draft with some friends and I said watch this be like the chalk draft from a few years ago.  I think teams were afraid to take player because of the offseason but I don't think that relates to QBs.  I definitely think Quinn botched it. 

As the draft moved forward, and CBs continued to fly off the board, it became apparent that Okudah was the best in a class of desired players at the position. They must've felt that JAX was a legitimate threat to jump to #4, and it wasn't worth missing out on him.

If that's their rationale, I don't blame Quinn for staying at #3. But, right now, that's a big if.

What a great night for my tablet to pack it in. 

Im happy with the pick. Quinn took the best player at a position of need. You can’t really argue with that.

According to reports no one made him an offer so all he had to do was pick the right guy which in my opinion, he did.

Hopefully he continues to make smart decisions 

• Like 1

I have a feeling that they could be considering Josh Jones. 

Also, from Quinn:

“I’ll give you exactly what happened,” Quinn said in the wee hours of Friday morning, after wrapping up a grueling opening night at the NFL draft. "We had a lot of conversations, we never got a firm offer. No team put anything on the table. Had multiple conversations with multiple teams, they were kind of fishing around and we were open for business, as you guys know. Nothing was ever put in front of us to evaluate.

"I’ve told you guys a lot, it takes two teams to make a trade. So unfortunately, we were open and willing to move back a little bit, and we felt like we had a group of players that we really liked that we could have gotten if we moved back. But we stood pat, took the best player we felt could help our team, and we’re excited to have Jeff.".

The only way this is possible is if LAC wanted Herbert over Tua.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I have a feeling that they could be considering Josh Jones. 

Also, from Quinn:

“I’ll give you exactly what happened,” Quinn said in the wee hours of Friday morning, after wrapping up a grueling opening night at the NFL draft. "We had a lot of conversations, we never got a firm offer. No team put anything on the table. Had multiple conversations with multiple teams, they were kind of fishing around and we were open for business, as you guys know. Nothing was ever put in front of us to evaluate.

"I’ve told you guys a lot, it takes two teams to make a trade. So unfortunately, we were open and willing to move back a little bit, and we felt like we had a group of players that we really liked that we could have gotten if we moved back. But we stood pat, took the best player we felt could help our team, and we’re excited to have Jeff.".

The only way this is possible is if LAC wanted Herbert over Tua.

Or Tua over Herbert and bought into the rumours the Dolphins had concerns about his health and were favouring JH. If they thought Tua could slide to them if they were right, it's a calculated move. Assuming LAC was high on both QB's, you're happy with either outcome. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Or Tua over Herbert and bought into the rumours the Dolphins had concerns about his health and were favouring JH. If they thought Tua could slide to them if they were right, it's a calculated move. Assuming LAC was high on both QB's, you're happy with either outcome. 

If we believe Quinn, and if LAC wanted Tua, they would have offered something - anything - to move up. I don't believe for a second that an NFL team would fall for such obvious smokescreens, or risk losing their guy without making some sort of offer.

• Like 1