2020 NFL Draft

BZski

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I would not move up for anyone.  Too much talent left to give extra picks for anyone left. 

Yeah I don’t think i’d move up either but I would really love Epenesa.  Not sure he makes it past the teams in front of us though.  All of them have a need at that position and he is the type of player they want.  I could see him and YGM gone before we pick.

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

I’m leaning towards Gallimore, Epenesa or YGM. They are what we need, good talent and high value. 

But McKinney and Swift sitting there is good value IMO. 

My dream scenario would be to move back and grab two but I just don’t see a lot of trades happening this year. 

ETA: A lot of OL sitting here as well. 

I don't think that we NEED a safety and a team could be looking to move up for McKinney and/or Delpit (maybe Swift). 

If we want to stay in round 2 and acquire an additional 2nd round pick, the only team that really is a candidate is LA Rams. They're sitting at 52 and 57.

LA Rams trade #52, #57

Lions trade #35 and #85

Trade calculator says this is equal value.. otherwise Rams are giving up 27% value. 

6 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I prefer Dobbins and Taylor over Swift but I really want us to find a way to take one of those guys.  I’m sick of having a patch work RB Core.  I want a stud RB.  Honestly one of these RBs would probably have the biggest impact on our team over any player on the board.

There are quite a few RBs I like in this class.  Moss and Evans later would be solid picks if the big three aren't there in the third.  I wouldnt want to go RB unless we trade down and add an extra pick. 

• Like 1

i want Ross Blacklock  id be ok with us getting him on a trade down.....

a total  hypothetical question- would you offer the jags both of 3 rd picks for Yannick(and give him his contract)? or Sign Clowney( reportedly his price is down to 13 mil) or just keep our picks and go with the rookies

Edited by flyguy1609

28 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

Ya boy is right there TL.

Should we try to move up to secure him??

Ugh. I know. I dreamt that we traded down instead of drafting him.

As much as I love Epenesa, I wouldn't move up for him right now. He's not overly appealing to a lot of schemes: those that want a traditional "athletic" DE will opt for YGM. Epenesa is a perfect fit for MIA, TEN, NE and us, so I'd feel comfortable staying at #35 and saving the resources.

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

And get stuck with him while losing out on Okudah. 

Yes, it would suck to be stuck with a guy who is a potential franchise QB or a guy worth several high picks on market over losing a CB.

If GM had a 10 year contract he makes that move all day.  

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Yes, it would suck to be stuck with a guy who is a potential franchise QB or a guy worth several high picks on market over losing a CB.

If GM had a 10 year contract he makes that move all day.  

And lose out on the player you wanted in Okudah.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

i want Ross Blacklock  id be ok with us getting him on a trade down.....

a total  hypothetical question- would you offer the jags both of 3 rd picks for Yannick(and give him his contract)? or Sign Clowney( reportedly his price is down to 13 mil) or just keep our picks and go with the rookies

Clowney.  I think Yannick is a much better player.  But you’d be paying far less for clowney and you’d have two premium picks in a round that Quinn dominates.

If Clowney is down to 13 then we seriously need to make a move.  I know his personality is not exactly patriot way but for a season to keep your job you need to do it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LionArkie said:

And lose out on the player you wanted in Okudah.

What is more valuable a consensus top 2 QB or any other draft player or position?

You may love AUDI's or whatever better than a Rolls Royce and it may be a better car, but you can always sell the Rolls Royce (before anyone knows its a lemon) and buy multiple AUDI's.

29 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Ugh. I know. I dreamt that we traded down instead of drafting him.

As much as I love Epenesa, I wouldn't move up for him right now. He's not overly appealing to a lot of schemes: those that want a traditional "athletic" DE will opt for YGM. Epenesa is a perfect fit for MIA, TEN, NE and us, so I'd feel comfortable staying at #35 and saving the resources.

Man I really want him as well.  I have a feeling we pass on him.  I really hope not but I get that feeling.  If we End up with Okudah, Epenesa, and one of Taylor/Dobbins/Swift I will be so happy  and to answer a previous question of yours; Yes I will have a different opinion of Quinn. (Of course they actually have to be good but at least they will pick player I want.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

What is more valuable a consensus top 2 QB or any other draft player or position?

You may love AUDI's or whatever better than a Rolls Royce and it may be a better car, but you can always sell the Rolls Royce (before anyone knows its a lemon) and buy multiple AUDI's.

I’m not high on Tua. I don’t think he’s worth a top 5 pick. I understand there were a couple teams Desperate for a QB, but we were not one of them. I don’t understand the logic of drafting a guy just so other people don’t get him. You are supposed to improve your team.