2020 NFL Draft

BZski

4 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I’m not high on Tua. I don’t think he’s worth a top 5 pick. I understand there were a couple teams Desperate for a QB, but we were not one of them. I don’t understand the logic of drafting a guy just so other people don’t get him. You are supposed to improve your team. 

Because things that have value to other people can still be sold even if they don't have value to you.

35 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Yes, it would suck to be stuck with a guy who is a potential franchise QB or a guy worth several high picks on market over losing a CB.

If GM had a 10 year contract he makes that move all day.  

99% of GM's or coaches don't have that kind of job security. Even Jon Gruden has to win eventually or else the Raiders just pay him to go back to TV. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

What is more valuable a consensus top 2 QB or any other draft player or position?

You may love AUDI's or whatever better than a Rolls Royce and it may be a better car, but you can always sell the Rolls Royce (before anyone knows its a lemon) and buy multiple AUDI's.

So you make an assumption you’re smarter than the other guys. That’s a failed strategy in my opinion. 

You also overlook the fact there’s a really limited market for the Rolls Royce and a far larger market for Audi’s.

As for consensus the only consensus we are informed of is what the media tells us. We saw numerous examples in every draft that the consensus isn’t what the media suggests.

Edited by diehardlionfan
Addition
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

99% of GM's or coaches don't have that kind of job security. Even Jon Gruden has to win eventually or else the Raiders just pay him to go back to TV. 

Of course.  That was my point.  It is obvious right move, but most don't make it because of lack of job security.  

• Like 1

Just now, dll2000 said:

Of course.  That was my point.  It is obvious right move, but most don't make it because of lack of job security.  

It still wasn't the right move when you have a 32 year old QB that was playing at a MVP level prior to the first injury he's had that took him away from the field for nearly 10 years. Especially when that guy has some injury questions of his own plus you have a major need at another position with an elite level talent sitting there for you to take. 

Tua seems like a great kid and I hope that he leads the Dolphins to division titles but he was just never an option for us and wouldn't have been the right pick under nearly all circumstances. 

• Like 2

Just now, Karnage84 said:

It still wasn't the right move when you have a 32 year old QB that was playing at a MVP level prior to the first injury he's had that took him away from the field for nearly 10 years. Especially when that guy has some injury questions of his own plus you have a major need at another position with an elite level talent sitting there for you to take. 

Tua seems like a great kid and I hope that he leads the Dolphins to division titles but he was just never an option for us and wouldn't have been the right pick under nearly all circumstances. 

Tua would’ve been a terrible pick for the Lions. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

That fact no team moved up to get Tua should tell you something.

As for it being obvious that’s your opinion. It doesn’t make it right.

• Like 1

Just now, Karnage84 said:

It still wasn't the right move when you have a 32 year old QB <-a 32 year old QB and one who hasn't been able to win games, his fault or not.  

that was playing at a MVP level prior to the first injury <- he broke his back. Back injuries suck and almost never go away.

he's had that took him away from the field for nearly 10 years. Especially when that guy has some injury questions of his own plus you have a major need at another position with an elite level talent sitting there for you to take. 

But point is keep Stafford if you love him and you think Tua sucks.  Other people think Tua is bees knees.  

Trade Tua for a bunch of goodies.  Miami is bluffing.   They want him bad and they have a bunch of high picks.  If not Miami SOMEONE will get desperate this year or next.  And you can get multiple high picks.   

I am done.  I don't know how many other ways I can say my position.  

11 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I'm only bitter that MIA completely played Quinn. It shouldn't be possible in this scenario that they stay at #5 and still get their franchise QB.

The Chargers did too. Quinn should have been able to easily get one of them to bite.

• Like 1

Just now, Nnivolcm said:

The Chargers did too. Quinn should have been able to easily get one of them to bite.

Yeah, I just don't see it.

And, in fairness, the Chargers messed up too. They either 1) think Herbert is anywhere close the prospect that Tua is, or 2) fell for the absolutely awful and transparent MIA smokescreens. Both of those options are embarrassing.

6 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I'm only bitter that MIA completely played Quinn. It shouldn't be possible in this scenario that they stay at #5 and still get their franchise QB.

1 minute ago, Nnivolcm said:

Or they made a gamble knowing that the only team in between the Lions and their two QB prospects was Dave "Trade Down?" Gettleman. The fact that Okudah was so heavily tied to Detroit could have made an issue too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Or they made a gamble knowing that the only team in between the Lions and their two QB prospects was Dave "Trade Down?" Gettleman. The fact that Okudah was so heavily tied to Detroit could have made an issue too. 

Isn’t Dave Gettlemans rep to not trade down? 

We currently have 3 of the first 53 picks tonight. 

Trying to think of who is available (no order):

RBs: D’Andre Swift, J.K. Dobbins, Cam Akers, Jonathan Taylor, Zach Moss, Eno Benjamin, Darrynton Evans

WRs: Denzel Mims, Michael Pittman Jr. , KJ Hamler, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Devin Duvernay, Tee Higgins, Antonio Gandy-Golden, Chase Claypool

DBs: Xavier McKinney, Kristian Fulton, Trevon Diggs, Jaylon Johnson, Bryce Hall, Jeremy Chinn, Jordan Fuller, Ashtyn Davis, Kyle Dugger, Amik Robertson

DL/Edge: Ross Blacklock, Yetur Gross-Matos, AJ Epenesa, Marlon Davidson, Neville Gallimore, Julian Okwara, Josh Uche, Davon Hamilton, Leki Fotu, Logan Wilson, Justin Madubuike

OL: Josh Jones, Ezra Cleveland, Prince Tega Wanagho, Lloyd Cushenberry, Lucas Niang, Tyler Biadasz, Matt Hennessy, Robert Hunt, Matt Pratt, Shane LeMieux, Alex Taylor

Who am I missing?