College Football 25

Ty21

5 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Way smoother.  I love the Wear and Tear feature too.

same, and it just looks quicker, less arcadey than Madden, I haven't bought Madden in years. Having played NCAA during that time, Madden just looks janky and slow by comparison.

It looks pretty much like madden IMO and a lot of the new features are just Madden features with a different display.  But the wear and tear is pretty cool.  I am still super pumped for this though because just like previous NCAA's it always was a bit better than Madden.  Can't wait.  

Is there any word on if they will be doing a basketball game as well?  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

It looks pretty much like madden IMO and a lot of the new features are just Madden features with a different display.  But the wear and tear is pretty cool.  I am still super pumped for this though because just like previous NCAA's it always was a bit better than Madden.  Can't wait.  

I don't have enough changes of shorts if that happened. 

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I highly doubt it, the reason college basketball games died had nothing to do with the lawsuits. The games just didn't sell well and weren't profitable enough to make it worth continuing them. 

Culturally the popularity of college basketball hasn't really grown since then so there's really no reason for companies to expect things to be any different if they try to revisit the games.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 3:45 PM, rob_shadows said:

I highly doubt it, the reason college basketball games died had nothing to do with the lawsuits. The games just didn't sell well and weren't profitable enough to make it worth continuing them. 

Culturally the popularity of college basketball hasn't really grown since then so there's really no reason for companies to expect things to be any different if they try to revisit the games.

2K would be the one to do it.  They stopped, because of the popularity, but NBA 2K wasn't near the juggernaut in 2007 that they've been the last decade.  They were still in actual competition with EA, at that time, just with Live. 

They outsell Madden now, which was unthinkable when they were still making Colle Hoops, and have sense killed off NBA Live. By the time the post 2k11 run happened, and they kept gaining consistent market share, the waters had already been muddied by the O'Bannon lawsuit. It wasn't worth the effort to jump back in, even if they wanted to.

I don't know if it will happen, but I'd imagine they'll be paying attention to how college football does.  

Edited by OkeyDoke21
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't have enough changes of shorts if that happened. 

My guess is they'll see how this game performs and consider if it sells really well in 3-4 years.