College Football 25

Ty21

18 minutes ago, August4th said:

Gameplay is amazing. feel like EA is a few more additions away from perfecting it with frostbite

Dynasty mode needs a lot of work tho. it's a boring mess

Here's hoping to continued updates to this game and they build on it for 2-3 years before a new game. 

Or honestly I'd be fine with the live service route for this one tbh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xmad said:

Here's hoping to continued updates to this game and they build on it for 2-3 years before a new game. 

Or honestly I'd be fine with the live service route for this one tbh.

I do think it's a good sign that they got the hardest part right in the gameplay. Now just pray they care about putting in serous work with the other modes. Hearing some bad things about those modes with how glitchy and barren they are.

2 hours ago, August4th said:

Gameplay is amazing. feel like EA is a few more additions away from perfecting it with frostbite

Dynasty mode needs a lot of work tho. it's a boring mess

I do feel like they did underdeliver promises for dynasty. 

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I do feel like they did underdeliver promises for dynasty. 

EA shortchanging a sports games career mode?     

665314dd8e7ddbefdd54ef4478f3d208.gif

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Finally started playing it.  Why does it keep saying the EA servers are down and i have to reset my password each time?

Because the EA servers are down and you have to reset your password each time 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

i figured it out.  i was using my other email address.

Did you try turning it off and on again 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Did you try turning it off and on again 

nah, my EA account thing was tied to my Aol email.  I kept trying to reset the one I had for Yahoo.  I havent played Madden in years so that's why I got the change password message. 

It's all good now.

So after a while now playing Road to Glory, here's my full thoughts:

1. The game mode really feels bare-bones, especially in-game. You are significantly hamstrung by AI playcalling, which is 95% of the time just generic, boring plays that the CPU runs against you in normal games. There's no creativity, strategy, or anything. It's like the same 8 plays rinse and repeat but those plays all suck.
  2. I had a 5-star QB and on the team I was on, the 2 audibles you get (which never change, for some reason), were both run plays. So if coach calls a garbage play (which they do 98% of the time), I can only audible to run plays AS A QUARTERBACK???
  3. You can't audible at the line, even as a QB, which makes no sense. Same thing on defense even as a MLB, you can't audible the play.
  4. Leveling up your player without adjusting the sliders is almost impossible. I went through 2 full seasons of this game and I was able to level up my speed ONE TIME, which means my 5 star RB who just set the rushing record 2 seasons in a row is stuck with 84 speed and there's nothing I can do about it. I ended up maxing out the XP slider to 300% just so I can actually get a player that can level up their stats.
  5. You have to spend a play-call point to flip the play, which makes no sense but the CPU never calls plays flipped so every play goes to the right by default unless you flip it.
  6. Defense is extremely frustrating to play because of how bad the play-calling is. It's almost impossible to accumulate any stats because you're in man coverage 50% of the time and the other 50% of the time you're defending the flat and the CPU QB just throws an easy completion over the middle.

It just seems like the mode is really lacking some details, especially with how you improve your ratings and how the play-calling and play-changing systems are designed. Overall the mode is fun, I just wish the play-calling was better.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So after a while now playing Road to Glory, here's my full thoughts:

1. The game mode really feels bare-bones, especially in-game. You are significantly hamstrung by AI playcalling, which is 95% of the time just generic, boring plays that the CPU runs against you in normal games. There's no creativity, strategy, or anything. It's like the same 8 plays rinse and repeat but those plays all suck.
  2. I had a 5-star QB and on the team I was on, the 2 audibles you get (which never change, for some reason), were both run plays. So if coach calls a garbage play (which they do 98% of the time), I can only audible to run plays AS A QUARTERBACK???
  3. You can't audible at the line, even as a QB, which makes no sense. Same thing on defense even as a MLB, you can't audible the play.
  4. Leveling up your player without adjusting the sliders is almost impossible. I went through 2 full seasons of this game and I was able to level up my speed ONE TIME, which means my 5 star RB who just set the rushing record 2 seasons in a row is stuck with 84 speed and there's nothing I can do about it. I ended up maxing out the XP slider to 300% just so I can actually get a player that can level up their stats.
  5. You have to spend a play-call point to flip the play, which makes no sense but the CPU never calls plays flipped so every play goes to the right by default unless you flip it.
  6. Defense is extremely frustrating to play because of how bad the play-calling is. It's almost impossible to accumulate any stats because you're in man coverage 50% of the time and the other 50% of the time you're defending the flat and the CPU QB just throws an easy completion over the middle.

It just seems like the mode is really lacking some details, especially with how you improve your ratings and how the play-calling and play-changing systems are designed. Overall the mode is fun, I just wish the play-calling was better.

I get limiting what you can do play-calling wise because in real life,  (most) college QBs can't just do whatever they want.  But they either need to improve the AI play-calling by a lot or come up with a new approach.

IMO, a great way to handle it would be to allow audibling and changing the play-call at any point, but it affects your coach trust and if the play fails, it impacts it even more negatively.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I get limiting what you can do play-calling wise because in real life,  (most) college QBs can't just do whatever they want.  But they either need to improve the AI play-calling by a lot or come up with a new approach.

IMO, a great way to handle it would be to allow audibling and changing the play-call at any point, but it affects your coach trust and if the play fails, it impacts it even more negatively.

Another thing they did last year with Madden was the CPU calls plays based on how users call plays. So if it's 3rd and long and users in H2H call X play 90% of the time, the CPU will call that same play and formation.

Just switching to that could also help with the play-calling or at least using user play call % out of formations that are called situationally, so like if the situation is 3rd and short and the CPU wants to go heavy as a result, what's the highest play-call you have from users in H2H from those formations, then call that.

SOMETHING, ANYTHING is better than what they're doing now.

The simming in dynasty mode is atrocious, was doing a Michigan dynasty and about 5 years in the team was a 94 overall, easily the best roster in the country and went 7-5 🤣.

Like I can see having the occasional upset happen in the game just like real life but 5 of them in one season is a bit much... It seems way too random when you sim games.

I've still been enjoying the game but there is definitely work to do.

• Like 1