College Football 25

Ty21

43 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

EA Sports could care less about realistic career modes. They could have fixed their simulation formulas a long time ago and hired PhD’s in Computer Science with Simulation as their research focus. EA loves to cut corners, and make an ungodly amount of money at the same time. 

Oh believe me, I am aware of that very sad fact.

I just dont get videogame companies, especially these massive ones.   Whats the problem with giving fans what they want?     You can still put out a good product AND make a ton of money.   

The only "logic" I can come up with is that they believe if they put out a truly great game, people may not buy it every year after that.   At least this way, they can string SOME people along with empty promises year after year.

I get some fans will never be happy, but I am not looking for perfection....just a good football game that can immerse me in a franchise mode for 5+ seasons.    Unfortunately, by after two years, I am usually fed up with it because immersion is constantly broken, in large part due to the simulation engine.

I hope College Football doesnt follow the same path as Madden.   Its the first year,  and its apparently a solid foundation, but I worry that it will stagnate the same way Madden does...by design.

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

Oh believe me, I am aware of that very sad fact.

I just dont get videogame companies, especially these massive ones.   Whats the problem with giving fans what they want?     You can still put out a good product AND make a ton of money.   

The only "logic" I can come up with is that they believe if they put out a truly great game, people may not buy it every year after that.   At least this way, they can string SOME people along with empty promises year after year.

I get some fans will never be happy, but I am not looking for perfection....just a good football game that can immerse me in a franchise mode for 5+ seasons.    Unfortunately, by after two years, I am usually fed up with it because immersion is constantly broken, in large part due to the simulation engine.

I hope College Football doesnt follow the same path as Madden.   Its the first year,  and its apparently a solid foundation, but I worry that it will stagnate the same way Madden does...by design.

Nah, the logic is their lazy af. They had to buy the license for a reason lol. If they didn’t buy the license, Madden 15 probably would have been the last Madden after like a 13 year battle with 2K. 

I'm always seeing something new during games. EA really nailed the gameplay for me. For example, I like how they captured the way bad passes move through the air or how a player reaches out to recover the ball they just fumbled. The sidelines always look alive and detailed. they did so many little neat things to catch during the game. I just wish I could say the same about dynasty mode. 

• Like 2

Love how bad the commentary is pretty often lol. “It’s gonna be a touchback and a turnover!” nope, still my ball on the one. 

7 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Love how bad the commentary is pretty often lol. “It’s gonna be a touchback and a turnover!” nope, still my ball on the one. 

Not as brilliant as having Matt Gay as your kicker and the announcing team saying, “after the TD, it’s Gay to kick it away” 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Not as brilliant as having Matt Gay as your kicker and the announcing team saying, “after the TD, it’s Gay to kick it away” 

I’m just surprised webby lets us say “gay” tbh 

8 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Why does this game bother putting in curls and WR screens? Every DB turns into Ed Reed on those routes and guaranteed pick on AA or Heisman.

I’ve had success with them 

18 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Why does this game bother putting in curls and WR screens? Every DB turns into Ed Reed on those routes and guaranteed pick on AA or Heisman.

For me the curls only work if the cb is playing a good 5 yards off the receiver at the snap.. wr screens ill only use with an RPO and it can be decent for a couple yards 

• Like 1

Can anyone give me tips for this recruiting pain Im having?

So Im strongly at the top of a prospect recruiting list but neck and neck with another program thats strongly 2nd. I dont have any hours left to spend on him bc I used the "send the house", "the family", or "dm" so I used the max 65 of 75 including the visit. So I just dont bother with him no more and all of a sudden he commits to the team below me even though Ive been at the top of his list the whole time. How do you prevent that from happening bc its frustrating to lose out on that player?

On the flip side if Im strongly 2nd with no more hours left how do I convince that prospect to choose me over the top program thats strongly 1st on his list and Im neck and neck with them?

To add Im actually doing well with recruiting in my third season as Ive signed a ton of players. I dont know where I stand now but last time I checked I was 7th ranked in the recruiting class. I need to get two top 5 classes to unlock the next tier of the recruiting ability for my coach. What I did was sign alot of the top players on my recommended list. I have (2) 5 stars and like (14) 4 stars with (3) 3 stars and still have some 4 stars highly interested like really close to committing. But I missed out on a a handful of players who like I said I was leading or 2nd in a neck and neck battle with no hours left to that prospect after maxing out 65-75 hours and having a great visit which is frustrating to lose. I understand I cant get them all but its tough when you have a strong interest at the top and still lose out some how.