Your franchise All-Time Team?

notthatbluestuff

5 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I'm loss with the question. I was joking when he chucked his lunch in the SB.

My bad then. I didn't get the reference. Because you replied to danger's response, I thought you were insinuating that all he did was throw the ball up to his receivers with a hope and a prayer. Which wasn't true. Aside from the 1 year with a banged up TO, he was throwing to garbage. 

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  

Edited by JustAnotherFan

15 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

My bad then. I didn't get the reference. Because you replied to danger's response, I thought you were insinuating that all he did was throw the ball up to his receivers with a hope and a prayer. Which wasn't true. Aside from the 1 year with a banged up TO, he was throwing to garbage. 

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  

No problem. I had a laugh at your comment about someones age, when I looked at your Bears team. I was thinking this kid is young and has no idea. No Mike Ditka, Gale Sayers and Sid Luckman.  Then I went back and saw your initial comment and than your team made sense.  I had a chuckle how old I'm am ! :D

28 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I'm seeing the word "unathletic" alot of in a very short description here which makes me believe that you are pretty young. So I'll take this with a grain of salt. 

PS  Wilber Marshall seems to slip threw the cracks when talking about great players.

Edited by m haynes

3 minutes ago, m haynes said:

No problem. I had a laugh at your comment about someones age, when I looked at your Bears team. I was thinking this kid is young and has no idea. No Mike Ditka, Gale Sayers and Sid Luckman.  Then I went back and saw your initial comment and than your team made sense.  I had a chuckle how old I'm am ! :D

PS  Wilber Marshall seems to slip threw the cracks when talking about great players.

Wilber's prime was past my time. I do recognize what he did for the team at the time (especially when most of our players held out during the SB season)  but I can't help but to think that his supporting cast had more to do with his success that season than his initial ability did. 

He wasn't missed when he down with injuries. 

40 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Wilber's prime was past my time. I do recognize what he did for the team at the time (especially when most of our players held out during the SB season)  but I can't help but to think that his supporting cast had more to do with his success that season than his initial ability did. 

He wasn't missed when he down with injuries. 

Well that's not what I saw when he played. He was ferocious and scary good. I can't agree with the he wasn't missed due to injuries. IMO anyone one of them wouldn't be missed if they were injured. If they played with "only 10 players" they still would destroyed their opponent !  The greatest defense I ever saw. You were out of your seat every other play.

14 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Welker had basically six consecutive 1000+ yard seasons, was equally competent as a returner, didn’t drop or fumble like Edelman, and was more durable. Better receiver overall, but Edelman did have more clutch moments. To me, Edelman over Welker is like Hightower over Slade. There is an argument but... not the strongest one.

@m haynes @Yin-Yang @Deadpulse thoughts?

Welker is the more productive player, career and single season. Edleman is more skilled and versatile and has had more post-season success but purely statistically its Welker and its not close. 

17 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Don't understand why Torry Holt isn't on your list, but okay.  

I would swap the RBs.  Dickerson should be RB1 with Faulk being RB2.

And, I would include Roman Gabriel as a backup QB and/or honorable mention.  

He wasn't as bad as people thought he was.  

Hirsch is a HoF. I don't understand why he would be left off of some Rams fans lists.

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

When you look over that roster, particularly the defence its surprising the Rams havent had more success.

Depends what you mean by success:

7th most playoff seasons

12th most playoff wins

17th best winning percentage - but should pass a few teams in the coming years

Only 1 Super Bowl win, but 4 appearances

6th most hall of famers

Now I see what you mean. We have more HoF players but less Super Bowl wins than the Cowboys, Raiders and Niners.

4 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Depends what you mean by success:

7th most playoff seasons

12th most playoff wins

17th best winning percentage - but should pass a few teams in the coming years

Only 1 Super Bowl win, but 4 appearances

6th most hall of famers

Now I see what you mean. We have more HoF players but less Super Bowl wins than the Cowboys, Raiders and Niners.

Yep, basically would have expected more NFC championship appearances, more NFC West titles, they just never seened to have a consistent successful period like the 49ers, Steelers, Raiders, Packers, Pats, Cowboys and a few othets. Maybe it's just perception as Ive always thought they underachieved but never looked at the stats 😀

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

Yep, basically would have expected more NFC championship appearances, more NFC West titles, they just never seened to have a consistent successful period like the 49ers, Steelers, Raiders, Packers, Pats, Cowboys and a few othets. Maybe it's just perception as Ive always thought they underachieved but never looked at the stats 😀

We've actually only had two bad periods - the 90s and then 2005-2016 - but that 2nd one is the problem. It was a LONG period of time, and is most of what people know.

Specifically with the Niners, from 1950 to 1980, we completely owned them. Then since they've been good, it's gone the other way, but the all time series is 71-67 in favor of SF - one of the closest for as old as the rivalry is. 

Looking at the Rams and Raiders is even closer (Rams/Raiders):

Playoff seasons: 29/22

Playoff wins: 21/25

Win %: .503/.523

Super Bowl wins: 1/3

Super Bowl appearances: 4/5

Combined championships: 3/3

HoF players: 18/16

Raiders have a better overall win %, but Rams have had more playoff seasons, but Raiders have cashed it in more. Although if you count the championships prior to the Super Bowl era, both teams have 3. Tom Brady and Joe Montana have a lot to do with the Rams lack of sustained success.

17 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

We've actually only had two bad periods - the 90s and then 2005-2016 - but that 2nd one is the problem. It was a LONG period of time, and is most of what people know.

Specifically with the Niners, from 1950 to 1980, we completely owned them. Then since they've been good, it's gone the other way, but the all time series is 71-67 in favor of SF - one of the closest for as old as the rivalry is. 

Looking at the Rams and Raiders is even closer (Rams/Raiders):

Playoff seasons: 29/22

Playoff wins: 21/25

Win %: .503/.523

Super Bowl wins: 1/3

Super Bowl appearances: 4/5

Combined championships: 3/3

HoF players: 18/16

Raiders have a better overall win %, but Rams have had more playoff seasons, but Raiders have cashed it in more. Although if you count the championships prior to the Super Bowl era, both teams have 3. Tom Brady and Joe Montana have a lot to do with the Rams lack of sustained success.

Its fascinating when seeing the figures like that, my brother is a Rams fan since the mid 80s and even though the Raiders have recently had an historic era of futility, I still find that he gets the most stick!!! Maybe they've just had periods of very good and competitors have been great and the Rams have kind of played second fiddle......some great, great names there though!

• Like 1

All-Time Vikings Team

QB: Fran Tarkenton

RB: Adrian Peterson

RB: Chuck Foreman

WR: Randy Moss

WR: Cris Carter

WR: Sammie White

TE: Steve Jordan

LT: Gary Zimmerman

LG: Steve Hutchinson

C: Mick Tinglehooff

RG: Randal McDaniel

RT: Ron Yary

DE: Jared Allen

DT: Alan Page

DT: Keith Millard

DE: Chris Doleman

LB: Matt Blair

LB: Scott Studwell

LB: Jeff Siemon

CB: Antoine Winfield

FS: Harrison Smith

SS: Paul Krause

CB: Bobby Bryant

K: Fred Cox

P: Greg Coleman

HC: Bud Grant

6 hours ago, m haynes said:

Maybe its just me but a couple players on the Patriots have been over looked in the early years because the franchise was so bad. The owners at the time Sullivan's were horrible and ruined teams before they could reach full potential. The players missed out recognition and success. Here example at WR and LB Stanley Morgan and Andre Tippett.

Look at Morgans  numbers for his career. This was in a era that ran the ball and DBs could beat WR all over the field.  Check his piers numbers, see how they stack up. 

Career NFL statistics

Receptions:557 ( 3.2 per game )

Receiving yards:10,716

Yards per reception:19.2

Touchdowns:72 ( played about 176 games )

IMO Andre Tippett was right up their with LT.  One played for the Giants and one played for the Patriots. Now I'm not saying he was better because he was not, but he's right up there. Mike Haynes is right up their with the GOATS at CB. and Ty Laws could be considered top 10 All time at CB. 

I think it sort of raises the question on whether we’re looking at a player’s career or them at their best/in their prime. But even so, I definitely do not see Morgan in the elite group of all time receiver, nor would I put Tippett near LT or Haynes/Law near Sanders/Blount/Woodson/Lott, etc. 

3 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Hirsch is a HoF. I don't understand why he would be left off of some Rams fans lists.

That doesn't mean anything.  

Holt might not be in the Hall of Fame right now, but he's eventually going to be.  

He was one of the top wideouts of his decade.  

Crazy Legs played in a completely different era, but I would definitely still put Holt over him.  

Holt and Bruce were one of the best wideout tandems in NFL history.  

You put one of them in the Hall of Fame, you have to put the other one in too.