Mafia Rules and Registration/Discussion Thread

bucsfan333

4 hours ago, PuntMyLumps said:

The year is 2014 (maybe)
The man, PML
He has the direct message window open.  He has one vote left to cast.  Who was this year's mafia MVP? 
"Can you vote for yourself?" he wonders.  "Sure, I could. I want to win the award.  But can I do it, morally? I mean, if the deciding vote is a vote I cast for myself, did the people really choose me?  Am I truly the MVP?  No.  It can't be done.  I must vote for Malf"

Meanwhile,
The man, Malf
He has the direct message window open.  His name is written in every category.  He wears a wicked smile.
"PML is the best.  I believe it, the people believe it.  The only way to defeat him is to do everything possible, I need to vote for myself."

The result,
Irrelevant

you lost by one vote too.

You didnt realize that the vote...was still mafia.

You essentially lynched yourself at lylo ;)

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I originally missed this.

Airing out grievances is why we wanted to extend the period between games. This seems fairly constructive; if not veiled in language that may detract from a back and forth. But whatever. Tempers have been high as of late. The conversation is what matters. We'd like everyone to be able to start each game anew.

You can PM any number of mods if you'd like a discourse with a moderator. We're always looking to improve how we moderate. And we're always looking to improve the community. Maybe a more direct conversation is worth exploring.

Any feedback while discussing these grievances will always remain anonymous. That's why the twins were scrambling and asking everyone why. 

But if you'd like a one on one in a more private setting, we can help set something up.

@ET80 @Forge @Ragnarok

Taking this out of the sign-up thread to avoid distracting from that game: I have no interest in talking to or about Swag. I have him blocked and that's good enough for me; other people don't seem to have a problem with his behavior, so I chose not to escalate it to a moderator. I wouldn't have said anything in his sign-up thread either if people hadn't repeatedly tagged me despite knowing I have been very...frustrated with him over the past several games.

I've already spoken to a moderator about my tone. I admit I was over the line with Pickle last game on several comments, and I admit I have a tendency to cross the line when I'm frustrated with a player. I'm also willing to admit when I was in the wrong. In Malf's Choose-Your-Own-Character game, for instance, I blew up at Joshstradaymus and apologized later, which he graciously accepted. If someone else has a problem with me or my play, I'm open to hearing it. I like most of the people here and would like to continue playing with them.

I couldn't care less about Swag's opinion, but if the mods feel my statement about Swag's behavior is unwarranted, they can feel free to talk to me about it. I wouldn't say any of those things unless I can prove it. And I can.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Please remove me from the tag list.  I'm going to be mostly stepping away from the forums after today outside of bdl and other things I've already signed up for 

I’ll miss ya buddy. I hope all is well