FFMD 2020 - Cleveland Browns War Room

FGK

10 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

So our current target list:

LB - Malik Harrison, Logan Wilson, Jacob Phillips, Troy Dye
WR - Michael Pittman, Chase Claypool, Bryan Edwards, Donovan Peoples-Jones,  Tyler Johnson
OG/OC - Tyler Biadasz, Netane Muti, Solomon Kindley, Jonah Jackson
OT - Robert Hunt, Jack Driscoll, Lucas Niang, 
Edge - Terrell Lewis, Jonathan Greenard, Darrell Taylor
RB - Zack Moss
DT - Jordan Elliot, Raekwon Davis, James Lynch

Our next pick is at 8:20 EST. So there will be another dozen guys off the board by then.

With all those dudes on the board, I'd wanna trade down. Is Adam Trautman off the board? CB like Igbinoghe, Cameron Dantzler, Lamar Jackson to put on the list?

So, strategically, let's look at the value tiers:

DT and CB might be worth looking at here, as there are a few more players in each tier before it starts to drop off.

OL is deceptive, though, and we've seen some big runs on OL. If we don't think we have a starting RG on the roster, this may need to be BPA OG.

Trautman is the last top'ish TE prospect and a great hedge against Njoku's uncertain future. Guys like Brycen Hopkins, Harrison Bryant, Josiah Deguara etc. would be alright consolations in a round or two, though.

Did someone already grab Jalen Hurts? He would fit value, possibly if he makes it to late 3rd...? 

I didn't like Terrell Lewis last round, but the injury risk may be worth a swing in the third.

WR may be worth grabbing someone in the next round, as there is a drop-off coming by round 5 at the latest. Antonio Gandy-Golden and Devin Duvernay worth adding to the list?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

With all those dudes on the board, I'd wanna trade down. Is Adam Trautman off the board? CB like Igbinoghe, Cameron Dantzler, Lamar Jackson to put on the list?

So, strategically, let's look at the value tiers:

DT and CB might be worth looking at here, as there are a few more players in each tier before it starts to drop off.

OL is deceptive, though, and we've seen some big runs on OL. If we don't think we have a starting RG on the roster, this may need to be BPA OG.

Trautman is the last top'ish TE prospect and a great hedge against Njoku's uncertain future. Guys like Brycen Hopkins, Harrison Bryant, Josiah Deguara etc. would be alright consolations in a round or two, though.

Did someone already grab Jalen Hurts? He would fit value, possibly if he makes it to late 3rd...? 

I didn't like Terrell Lewis last round, but the injury risk may be worth a swing in the third.

WR may be worth grabbing someone in the next round, as there is a drop-off coming by round 5 at the latest. Antonio Gandy-Golden and Devin Duvernay worth adding to the list?

List updated with these additions. We will start talking about specific targets around 7:30 EST. I'm not gonna do codes and stuff, but no reason to let people know who we like more than a pick or so ahead of where we are.

• Like 1

@freakygeniuskid if we go WR, I'd like Claypool. He's an instant Red Zone threat, has great size/measurables, and the last person to put up numbers combined with his size was Megatron. I don't think that he's Calvin Johnson of course, but the upside is almost impossible to deny. He'd be an instant guy to come in and contribute outside of the numbers. We will agree to disagree on Biadasz. I think he's a future stud, scheme or not.

2 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

So our current target list:

LB - Malik Harrison, Logan Wilson, Jacob Phillips, Troy Dye
WR - Michael Pittman, Chase Claypool, Bryan Edwards, Donovan Peoples-Jones,  Tyler Johnson
OG/OC - Tyler Biadasz, Netane Muti, Solomon Kindley, Jonah Jackson
OT - Robert Hunt, Jack Driscoll, Lucas Niang, 
Edge - Terrell Lewis, Jonathan Greenard, Darrell Taylor
RB - Zack Moss
DT - Jordan Elliot, Raekwon Davis, James Lynch
TE - Adam Trautman
QB - Jalen Hurts
CB - Igbinoghe, Cameron Dantzler, Lamar Jackson

Our next pick is at 8:20 EST. So there will be another dozen guys off the board by then.

Indeed, no need to explicitly telegraph who we'd select.

We need a starter quality player:

Lucas Niang has a bum hip and a bum knee. Scouts think his hip is going to end his career early.

Jacob Phillips is mostly all cheeks.

Jonah Jackson can't move laterally or run. He's a straight ahead snow plow.

Terrell Lewis is body beautiful but a non-factor at DE and not the best fit at 43-LB; he's a 34OLB.

One of my favorites during the season, Adam Trautman, flopped remarkably at the Senior Bowl and at the Combine in terms of route running, getting off coverage, blocking, mental toughness and catching. There's better TE options.

FFMD Available Starters Big Board:

1. Robert Hunt, OG/OT Louisiana-Lafayette
  2. Jack Driscoll, OG/OT Auburn
  3. Troy Dye, LB Oregon, 
  4. Netane Muti, OG/OC/OT Fresno State
  5. Kindle Vildor, CB Georgia Southern
  6. Chase Claypool, TE-Convert Only Notre Dame
  7. Amik Robertson, NCB Lousiana Tech
  8. Tony Brown, WR Colorado,
  9. Bryan Edwards, WR South Carolina,
  10. Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR Michigan
  11. Zack Moss, RB Utah
  12. Van Jefferson, WR Florida,
  13. Justin Strnad, LB Wake Forrest, 
  14. Logan Wilson, LB Wyoming,
  15. Josiah Scott, NCB/CB Michigan State
  16. Malik Harrison, LB Ohio State
  17. Harrison Bryant, TE FAU
  18. Darnay Holmes, NCB UCLA,
  19. Noah Igbinoghene, NCB
  20. Tyler Johnson, WR Minnesota

FFMD Available Starters Big Board By Position:

CB: 1.) Kindle Vildor, CB Georgia Southern, 2.) Amik Robertson, NCB Lousiana Tech, 3.) Josiah Scott, NCB/CB Michigan State, 3.) Darnay Holmes, NCB UCLA, 4.) Noah Igbinoghene, NCB Auburn
LB: 1.) Troy Dye, LB Oregon, 2.) Justin Strnad, LB Wake Forrest, 3.) Logan Wilson, LB Wyoming, 4.) Malik Harrison, LB Ohio State
OG/OL: 1.) Robert Hunt, OG/OT Louisiana-Lafayette, 2.) Jack Driscoll, OG/OT Auburn, 3.) Netane Muti, OG/OC/OT Fresno State
WR: 1.) Van Jefferson, WR Florida, 2.) Tony Brown, WR Colorado, 3.) Bryan Edwards, WR South Carolina, 4.) Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR Michigan, 5.) Tyler Johnson, WR Minnesota
RB: 1.) Zack Moss, RB Utah
TE/TE-Convert: 1.) Chase Claypool, TE-Convert Notre Dame 2.) Harrison Bryant, TE FAU

@Mind Character and @freakygeniuskid, there is a run on receivers. We're down to maybe Donovan People's Jones, Antonio Gandy-Golden, Devin Duvernay and then more dropoff. Too early for one of those guys maybe? 🤔

Also, what about the DT's? There are some value names available.

tl;dr methinks a trade-back no more than ten picks or so and grab BPA DT/RG...?

Edited by NudeTayne

All right, we are on the clock from now until 9EST.

Robert Hunt was gonna be my pick and Jax popped him the last pick before us. Oh well.

I'm narrowing it down to these Top options: LB Troy Dye, OG/OT Jack Driscoll, OG/OC/OT Netane Muti, NCB Amik Robertson, DT Jordan Elliot.

Personally I think the talent is most thin at LB and OG/OT right now. I'd be okay with Troy Dye but my personal vote goes to Netane Muti as our OL depth master or Jack Driscoll to compete for RG and take over at RT in a couple years.

11 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

@Mind Character and @freakygeniuskid, there is a run on receivers. We're down to maybe Donovan People's Jones, Antonio Gandy-Golden, Devin Duvernay and then more dropoff. Too early for one of those guys maybe? 🤔

Also, what about the DT's? There are some value names available.

tl;dr methinks a trade-back no more than ten picks or so and grab BPA DT/RG...?

The WRs available in a round or so are the same if not better than those guys.

The fall off at OLine is steep.

The DTs at this point aren't starters or quality starters and there's no real difference between those available now and those in the next few rounds.

A trade down does make a lot of sense.

• Like 1

Just now, Mind Character said:

The WRs available in a round or so are the same if not better than those guys.

The fall off at OLine is steep.

The DTs at this point aren't starters or quality starters and there's no real difference between those available now and those in the next few rounds.

A trade down does make a lot of sense.

Welp, Robert Hunt just went. We have Muti, Driscoll or maybe Kindley left. It comes down to whether we want to spend a pick on guard or believe it's gonna be Teller/Forbes.

3 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

All right, we are on the clock from now until 9EST.

Robert Hunt was gonna be my pick and Jax popped him the last pick before us. Oh well.

I'm narrowing it down to these Top options: LB Troy Dye, OG/OT Jack Driscoll, OG/OC/OT Netane Muti, NCB Amik Robertson, DT Jordan Elliot.

Personally I think the talent is most thin at LB and OG/OT right now. I'd be okay with Troy Dye but my personal vote goes to Netane Muti as our OL depth master or Jack Driscoll to compete for RG and take over at RT in a couple years.

Muti's the best talent by far, but medical flags might mean we'd be better going Driscoll. It's tempting to swing for a home run with Muti.

Amik is amazing but we're too deep at CB relative to having a true impact starting Guard that could kick out to DR if need be.

I love Troy Dye but there are more quality LBs available relative to OLineman. Dye, Driscoll, or Daishawn Dixon.

Leaning Driscoll probably but if we were teams with medical reports and felt good about Muti, then that would be the clear selection.

• Like 1

Atlanta wants to move up. They are only four spots behind us. I said we would probably do it if they give us their 5th for our 6th (so a four spot drop now for a 30ish jump there). Thoughts?

Edit: I'm 90% sure they aren't moving up for one of our guys, they want a perimeter cb.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Welp, Robert Hunt just went. We have Muti, Driscoll or maybe Kindley left. It comes down to whether we want to spend a pick on guard or believe it's gonna be Teller/Forbes.

That sucks.

Driscoll and Muti are substantively better than Teller right now and Driscoll has major Tackle ability.

Forbes is all a projection and feel good story. I liked the limited tape but Driscoll showed his wares against SEC comp. Let them compete. Both have Tackle versatility.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Atlanta wants to move up. They are only four spots behind us. I said we would probably do it if they give us their 5th for our 6th (so a four spot drop now for a 30ish jump there). Thoughts?

I'm a fan of that trade. 

There's at least 4 guys to like.

• Like 1