FFMD 2020 - Cleveland Browns War Room

FGK

3 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Atlanta wants to move up. They are only four spots behind us. I said we would probably do it if they give us their 5th for our 6th (so a four spot drop now for a 30ish jump there). Thoughts?

yes

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

@freakygeniuskid 

Freaky, it's happening. So here is the deal:

80, 81, 91, '21 7th, a garbage depth player for

Delpit, 115, 244

Seeing our collective willingness to consider moving Delpit, Nude did the footwork on a big potential trade.

The biggest problem I see is that we don't own 115 anymore. That got moved for Wills. So that would have to be our 5th instead.

The next biggest is that the FS I would've wanted to take instead (Ashtyn Davis) just got picked. So we'd have to be okay going into the year with Sendejo/Redwine as our primary FSs

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

The biggest problem I see is that we don't own 115 anymore. That got moved for Wills. So that would have to be our 5th instead.

Oh shoot. Also, Las Vegas is talking about being willing to trade us Justin Evans (safety from the Bucs, was pick 50 of the '17 draft). They traded a 4th for him. He's really good and only 24. He wanted to get close to what he traded for him. I'm wondering...

80, 81, Justin Simmons, '21 5th, Tevon Coney/Erik Magnuson/Marcel Ateman as a toss-in

41, 244?

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Oh shoot. Also, Las Vegas is talking about being willing to trade us Justin Evans (safety from the Bucs, was pick 50 of the '17 draft). They traded a 4th for him. He's really good and only 24. He wanted to get close to what he traded for him. I'm wondering...

80, 81, Justin Evans, '21 5th, Tevon Coney/Erik Magnuson/Marcel Ateman as a toss-in

41, 244?

I'd do that personally. I like getting Evans to fill out our safety crew. We can use those picks on LB, DT, WR, etc.

Guys, @NudeTayne deserves mad props here. He saw our collective displeasure regarding the Delpit pick and he MADE. SOMETHING. HAPPEN! We just got...

80, 81, 91, '21 5th, Justin Evans, Te'von Coney

for

41, 97, 244

So we got two 3rd round picks, a six spot upgrade to our last 3rd round pick, Justin Evans (our new starting FS to round out the group with Redwine, Sendejo, and Joseph), a 2021 5th, and LB Tevon Coney (LB depth). Woah. Huge get for us. We now have FOUR more 3rd round picks to grab an OT/OG, LB, and insert two BPA's here!

Mad props.

We're gonna need some serious big boards here boys, cause the Browns are coming home with the whole freaking third round. Shoot me your preferences either in PM or on the board by tomorrow afternoon. We're gonna take Driscoll here I think, maybe Muti. Gonna go consult with our team doctors real quick first.

• Like 2

This FFMD thing is very interesting.

I wish I would've been able to stick around to see this thing unfold.

@NudeTayne Nice, a move King Kai Nacua would be pleased.

Justin Evans had an Achilles injury that put him out all year (not exactly a tear though), but still when he was healthy the year prior he flashed a lot and he's a talented player with injury history that still has pro-bowl potential.  He's young and has time to experience a less injury filled stretch in his career. 

Te'von Coney is a thumper with limited pass coverage ability but has plus intangibles and upside to grow.

The real star of the trade are the two consecutive picks at 80 and 81 given the players still on the board..

@freakygeniuskid  with the extra gambles acquired why not gamble on Muti

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

This FFMD thing is very interesting.

I wish I would've been able to stick around to see this thing unfold.

@NudeTayne Nice, a move King Kai Nacua would be pleased.

Justin Evans had an Achilles injury that put him out all year (not exactly a tear though), but still when he was healthy the year prior he flashed a lot and he's a talented player with injury history that still has pro-bowl potential.  He's young and has time to experience a less injury filled stretch in his career. 

Te'von Coney is a thumper with limited pass coverage ability but has plus intangibles and upside to grow.

The real star of the trade are the two consecutive picks at 80 and 81 given the players still on the board..

@freakygeniuskid  with the extra gambles acquired why not gamble on Muti

Yup. I figure we can extend Evans for a good deal now, like 3/$21 mil (so like 4/$23 mil, and he's only 24 so we'd have him until 28).

Coney was literally a throw-in at the end who freaky and I liked as LB depth. He's cheap and young.

80/81 were indeed the reason for the season. There is something warm and fuzzy about back-to-back picks.

The third round is where the best value is this year IMO.

Edited by NudeTayne

Sort of off topic but I was just watching NFLN and wondering why guys like Daniel Jeremiah and Louis Riddick havent been brought in as Scouting Directors/Personnel Dept Manager or Assistant GMs? Especially DJ he seems to pour over the tape of all of these draft guys and has been doing it for a long time. Wonder sine Mayock made the jump and is looking good if that will open the door for other 'tv analysts' 

He has previous scouting experience in the NFL Im not sure why some random team hasnt thrown a bag of money at him to come in and lead their draft processes

Edited by AkronsWitness

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Sort of off topic but I was just watching NFLN and wondering why guys like Daniel Jeremiah and Louis Riddick havent been brought in as Scouting Directors/Personnel Dept Manager or Assistant GMs? Especially DJ he seems to pour over the tape of all of these draft guys and has been doing it for a long time. Wonder sine Mayock made the jump and is looking good if that will open the door for other 'tv analysts' 

He has previous scouting experience in the NFL Im not sure why some random team hasnt thrown a bag of money at him to come in and lead their draft processes

Pretty sure that there was talk about DJ getting a job with the jets at one point, and I know he's been in front offices before  (Ravens I think for a bit, plus another team maybe). 

But they have to want those jobs too. They are well paid, get exposure, and have basically zero worries about losing their job.