Have you ever flirted with being a fan of another team?

TOUCAN

I consider myself a teamless fan now. The Rams abandoned me years ago when they left Orange County. I moved back to San Diego County and became a charger fan. We had a great run together but then they did the exact same thing and left the place I considered home. Now I’m back in Los Angeles County but it just doesn’t feel right getting back with either the Rams or Chargers. They both are disloyal to the concept of home.

9 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

I consider myself a teamless fan now. The Rams abandoned me years ago when they left Orange County. I moved back to San Diego County and became a charger fan. We had a great run together but then they did the exact same thing and left the place I considered home. Now I’m back in Los Angeles County but it just doesn’t feel right getting back with either the Rams or Chargers. They both are disloyal to the concept of home.

Come join the Rams bro. The team you grew up watching. 

The Rams are here to stay in LA so you’ll be fine

I grew up in a neighbourhood of Buffalo Bills fans near Toronto but best friend's family always invited me for dinner to watch cowboys games.

So I ended up being a cowboys fan despite Bills mafia being bombarded in my face everyday.

I tried to be a Bills fan as a kid but for some reason it never stuck.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

2 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

I can understand that.  I'd probably feel the same way.

On 4/3/2020 at 7:59 PM, Nick_gb said:

The Packers are always in the business of recruiting new fans. What can we offer you, you say? 

We offer you a place that earned the right to be called Titletown, how? Glad you asked, we have 9 NFL Titled to our name and 4 Superbowls, that's a total of 13 NFL Championships as a Franchise, that's right, 13! That's 5 more championships then ANY other team in the NFL. 

Not enough to sell you? That's fine, Green Bay has been voted as the best Stadium to visit even AS an opposing fan. Why do you ask? Oh well, because Green Bay fans are the best, we believe in attending games with the best food on the grills and beer for everyone no matter who you root for!

Do you have kids or want kids in the future? Green Bay is the place to bring your kids during OTA's! Heck! Your child could get free autographs from the players AND have one of them ride their bicycle to the practice field!

Still not enough? That's okay, you should look at the history of the Packers (there's a plethora of it) and you'll quickly see that the Packers have 25 players in Canton, Ohio, that's the 2nd most in the NFL out of any other franchise (3 behind the Bears who have 28) and guess what? They're in our division and that creates one of the most iconic football rivalries in NFL history!

Oh man, you're still not convinced? Okay, how about being a fan of the team who's Head Coach brought such a winning tradition to your team, that the most coveted item in ALL of the NFL was named after him? That's right the Lombardi trophy is named after none other than Vince Lombardi! 

Lastly, you'd be rooting for an NFC team as opposed to an AFC where your original team originates from! Why root for your competition when you can root for someone out of conference? 

Just join the Packer fans! We could be your type of people and if we're not? We're all drinkers to the point you could just consume enough alcohol until we were and never be judged for it! 

@ramssuperbowl99 - this applies to you too!

Underrated post.

My family has no ties to any given team. My cousin was a scout for the Bills and Chiefs. My biological father was in the Army doing SatCom and was a guest broadcaster during the 2003 Pro-Bowl in Hawai'i. But my family didn't raise me to be a fan of any team. See, we're westerners. Very few people care out there. Living in places like Virginia, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Ohio, and NC... those people care. Arizona, Hawai'i, and SoCal? Not so much. 

I take that back. My grandpa is still good friends with Dan Fouts and is a die-hard Chargers fan.  BUT he likes the 49ers too, because he coached John Lynch. A lot of my extended family is comprised of extremely loyal Chargers fans (except for my grandma and aunt, who are both Raiders fans that MARRIED Chargers fans... yikes). 

The point is, my immediate family doesn't care all that much about any given team. My older brother used to waffle around teams. He liked the Chargers, then switched to the Jags because he thought their uniforms were the best (Oregon fan, too), and now he's rooting for the Cardinals.

When I was young, I picked the Rams to be my team because they had a logo that I could recognize. I mean, Bengals, Browns, Steelers, Packers... Yikes! Those are AWFUL logos for a little kid. The Rams, though? That's a pretty cool logo. I mean, horns? Wicked. So yeah, I was a Rams fan. Also, those were the GSOT years, so. Don't blame me. Yeah.

Later on, I switched to the Texans because they were the new team that sucked and nobody liked, which really appealed to me for some reason? Lucked out when AJ lasted as long as he did, and then we got true studs in JJ and Nuk. Curse you, BOB. Curse you. I hope you rot in Robert Kraft's armpit.

Then I shared both the Rams and the Texans. 

Around 2009, I started playing football, and my youth team was called the Cardinals. And then, for some reason, people thought that I was an Arizona Cardinals fan when I wore my jersey to school. But my P.E. coach got so animated when he talked about them, and I didn't want to disappoint him... so I became a Cardinals fan, too! Which was no problem, considering that I spent just over a decade of my life in AZ, compared to 5 in HI, and significantly less everywhere else. I really got into the Cardinals, and soon became a HUGE fan. Larry Fitz was my dude. Also, he's like the only athlete on an Arizona team that most people in Arizona would recognize name-wise. It's sad, but true. If you're lucky, SOME people MIGHT recognize Paul Goldschmidt. Heck, a lot of those suburban dweebs don't even know who Charles Barkley is.

So, yeah, I guess I have sort of a trifecta of fanship. Though the Cardinals are definitely my number 1. The Texans were until they traded Nuk to... the Cardinals. So that worked out!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

My family has no ties to any given team. My cousin was a scout for the Bills and Chiefs. My biological father was in the Army doing SatCom and was a guest broadcaster during the 2003 Pro-Bowl in Hawai'i. But my family didn't raise me to be a fan of any team. See, we're westerners. Very few people care out there. Living in places like Virginia, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Ohio, and NC... those people care. Arizona, Hawai'i, and SoCal? Not so much. 

I take that back. My grandpa is still good friends with Dan Fouts and is a die-hard Chargers fan.  BUT he likes the 49ers too, because he coached John Lynch. A lot of my extended family is comprised of extremely loyal Chargers fans (except for my grandma and aunt, who are both Raiders fans that MARRIED Chargers fans... yikes). 

The point is, my immediate family doesn't care all that much about any given team. My older brother used to waffle around teams. He liked the Chargers, then switched to the Jags because he thought their uniforms were the best (Oregon fan, too), and now he's rooting for the Cardinals.

When I was young, I picked the Rams to be my team because they had a logo that I could recognize. I mean, Bengals, Browns, Steelers, Packers... Yikes! Those are AWFUL logos for a little kid. The Rams, though? That's a pretty cool logo. I mean, horns? Wicked. So yeah, I was a Rams fan. Also, those were the GSOT years, so. Don't blame me. Yeah.

Later on, I switched to the Texans because they were the new team that sucked and nobody liked, which really appealed to me for some reason? Lucked out when AJ lasted as long as he did, and then we got true studs in JJ and Nuk. Curse you, BOB. Curse you. I hope you rot in Robert Kraft's armpit.

Then I shared both the Rams and the Texans. 

Around 2009, I started playing football, and my youth team was called the Cardinals. And then, for some reason, people thought that I was an Arizona Cardinals fan when I wore my jersey to school. But my P.E. coach got so animated when he talked about them, and I didn't want to disappoint him... so I became a Cardinals fan, too! Which was no problem, considering that I spent just over a decade of my life in AZ, compared to 5 in HI, and significantly less everywhere else. I really got into the Cardinals, and soon became a HUGE fan. Larry Fitz was my dude. Also, he's like the only athlete on an Arizona team that most people in Arizona would recognize name-wise. It's sad, but true. If you're lucky, SOME people MIGHT recognize Paul Goldschmidt. Heck, a lot of those suburban dweebs don't even know who Charles Barkley is.

So, yeah, I guess I have sort of a trifecta of fanship. Though the Cardinals are definitely my number 1. The Texans were until they traded Nuk to... the Cardinals. So that worked out!

Come back to the Rams where it all started 

• Like 1

Not really. I was just a kid when Dallas last won it all, but growing up in Texas at the time: nuff said. I’ve always just stuck with them, even through some of the harder times (Quincy Carter years, etc). I moved quite a bit between high school and the years after, so I was always someplace else where the Cowboys weren’t the home team and it’s been fun to cheer for them in that sense. There are other teams that I’ve liked or would pull for but I don’t think I could ever switch entirely

5 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Come back to the Rams where it all started 

I'm still with the Rams. Except for when they play the Cardinals. It's tough, living that kind of relationship, but I lived with my grandparents for a long time, and they made Raiders/Chargers work, so Cardinals/Rams should work, too. 

I was so psyched when McBae got hired and then they drafted Kupp. I actually generated so much credibility in my family from that 2017 draft class, because literally every hot take that I made was right. I said that McCaffrey was a better WR than David Johnson, Patrick Mahomes was going to win MVP during his career, Mr. Biscuit would underwhelm, and Cooper Kupp and Chris Godwin were the two best/ most complete WRs in the draft.

• Like 1