Have you ever flirted with being a fan of another team?

TOUCAN

13 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Never considered becoming a fan of another team, but there was a very brief period where I gave up on the Titans until changes were made. Ken Whisenhunt is the worst head coach I've ever had the displeasure of having to watch coach the game, and his incompetence week in, week out(outside of week 1, where for some reason we blew out the opponent both years he was here) was at a level I'm not sure I'd ever seen before. As someone who has watched Derek Dooley and Butch Jones coach my favorite college team, that's saying something.

God bless Amy Adams Strunk and her realizing a move needed to be made just midway through Whisenhunt's 2nd year, and shouts out to her, Jon Robinson, Mike Mularkey and now Mike Vrabel for getting this team out of the cellar, and while we're certainly not the Patriots or anything, we're at least a competently run organization that I can have some level of hope in.

Yeah, same.  I've never flirted with being the fan of a different team, but there are other teams I like to see do well that aren't my team, especially teams that have a lot of prominent Vols that I like specifically.  I had the Panthers as my No. 2 team for years after the drafted Cam, because after he embarrassed Bama like that on national television, he could do no wrong, as far as I was concerned.

22 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Never considered becoming a fan of another team, but there was a very brief period where I gave up on the Titans until changes were made. Ken Whisenhunt is the worst head coach I've ever had the displeasure of having to watch coach the game, and his incompetence week in, week out(outside of week 1, where for some reason we blew out the opponent both years he was here) was at a level I'm not sure I'd ever seen before. As someone who has watched Derek Dooley and Butch Jones coach my favorite college team, that's saying something.

God bless Amy Adams Strunk and her realizing a move needed to be made just midway through Whisenhunt's 2nd year, and shouts out to her, Jon Robinson, Mike Mularkey and now Mike Vrabel for getting this team out of the cellar, and while we're certainly not the Patriots or anything, we're at least a competently run organization that I can have some level of hope in.

man, i remember there was an interview of some whiz era players after he was fired and they were all basically saying the way the organization was run felt miles behind other NFL teams they had been on. those were brutal years. 

Not gonna lie, I've been flirting with the Bill's...the Rams fan base sucks which wears on you...the move to LA sucked and now the new logo...just seems like a franchise with no identity...

The Bill's just have flavor. Their fans are awesome and they just have pride. And I love Josh Allen.

I was a Rams fan as a kid, if that counts for anything. But that was a mix of me being like 8, the GSOT looking epic in NFL Blitz, and the fact that my family knew a guy that was drafted by the Rams. Only lasted like 3 years, then I shifted to watching more of the Chiefs as they were the family team. Week 1 of the 2002 season is generally when I say I became a fan of the Chiefs, and really a fan of the NFL. Haven't looked back since. I am definitely partial to some teams over others, though. Ebbs and flows a bit for different teams depending on rosters and coaches and how annoying their fanbase is on here. I liked the Jake Delhomme era Panthers. The Kurt Warner Rams and then later, the Kurt Warner Cardinals. Would've been bittersweet, but I wanted the Falcons to get Gonzalez a ring. Pulled for the winless Lions, because why not. But these were all very secondary things. Like, if KC isn't on, I'll root for them to have more of an interest in the non-Chiefs games, kinda thing.

On 06/04/2020 at 2:51 AM, Heinz D. said:

Well, umm, that's sort of true by definition, right?

I don't know if there are many women on this forum, and it's a given that if there are they have every right to attack me...but from what I've found, I'd take Minnesota women, even in snowmobile suits, over Texas women, pretty most of the time, percentage wise. 

giphy.gif

Same.

Under those suits are legs and B meticulously carved by endless toil trampling through snow and trying not to slip over. :D 

• Like 2

Absolutely. 

No worthwhile contract between self and team broken. I love myself and the game more than any one team entity.

The 49ers are always my first real boo.. yet if I don't like what or who they are about in some points in time, I have no problem stepping away for a while. They are my first Mrs, and I always love her. If she bothers me enough, I have no problem shacking up with another gal for a bit. I'll keep in touch, certainly miss her... but life's too short to be unhappy. 

Shine your superior fan card over there; I won't mind ----------------------------------------------------------->

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 6:50 PM, ET80 said:

You misunderstand - I love Houston with all my heart and soul. I've been here all my life, and I'm going to die here. And I would die the most horrible death before cheering for the Titans - that's like getting back with the girl who cheated on you with your three best friends, at the same time, on more than one occasion  I have SOME self respect. The one team that is an immediate no is Tennessee.

I'm just not a fan of The Bill O'Brien Football franchise located in Harris County TX.

The problem with this when looking for a new team is that pretty much every NFL franchise or owner has screwed people over. So while you can't be a Titans fan while maintaining even a shred of pride and integrity as a human being, you can pretty much go down the list and 'nope' every single team if you look too hard.

• Like 1

When the Browns moved out of town, I became a Buffalo Bills fan for 3 years because of how they treated our fans (Cleveland Browns fan appreciation day, Lake Erie connection, tailgating, etc.). Then the Music City Miracle happened, so I assume that it's our fault in Cleveland.